BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not intentionally... where was this?

Yesterday when you arrived at Craggy Wash!

GMC Savana with 24" hightop, swingaway hitch hauler and a dirty black HHR, privacy tent etc. on the right hand side as you're coming in (left on the way out...lol)

I walked up the wash this morning for a half hour and didn't see you, you must have gone way in.

We are only here until mid morning today, headed for Cottonwood. Sorry I didn't get to meet you.

I remember the vehicle and yes went in 3 miles. 9:25 now and coming out, will stop if you're still there.

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking with you today Amost There, safe travels. :)

It's going into the 90s at Lake Havasu so moved 60 miles NE to Hualapai Road dispersed free camping east of Kingman Az, elevation 4500'.  70s day 50s night.  Probably stay the weekend and ponder my route to the northwest.  Life is good.
IMG_4282.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4282.JPG
    IMG_4282.JPG
    136.2 KB
Remnants of snow still on Hualapai Peak
IMG_4283.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4283.JPG
    IMG_4283.JPG
    78.3 KB
Beautiful country, thanks freecampsites.net
IMG_4284.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4284.JPG
    IMG_4284.JPG
    89.2 KB
Kingman Az off in the distance
IMG_4291.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4291.JPG
    IMG_4291.JPG
    37.4 KB
Which road did you turn on off highway 40. How far from the freeway are you.
I tried the 193 road site and it was just ranch land. Ended up driving back to Kingman.

Here's an aerial shot of where I'm at.  Good vehicle clearance recommended and definitely wouldn't bring any kind of trailer.
IMG_4294.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4294.JPG
    IMG_4294.JPG
    241.2 KB
Asked a lady in Walmart where the canned meat section was, I was wanting some canned tuna and chicken.  She took me there and proceeded to put 3 "must try" items in my cart.  I had no say so in the matter lol
IMG_4295.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4295.JPG
    IMG_4295.JPG
    93.3 KB
Road 259 heads south not north toward Hualapai park. How was the road conditions rough? Washboard?

Lol, I stand corrected, south it is :) Once I left pavement it was very wash boardy and spots where running water had eroded sections of the road, as well as some sizeable rocks. Was glad my van has high clearance. Very hard surfaced though, no soft spots, just had to go slow.

I remember now after I had no luck on the road 193 I ended up driving to Seligman and parked behind a Chevron station. That was last July on the way to the summer RTR. Road 193 is south of the next exit by the Petro Truckstop.

Spent many a night in Seligman during my truck driving days. Restaurant has a great liver and onions dinner :)

Beautimous day today so moved the kitchen outside to prepare a late lunch/early supper. The case for the butane stove makes a great wind screen
IMG_4321.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4321.JPG
    IMG_4321.JPG
    102.1 KB
The legs extend on it
IMG_4324.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4324.JPG
    IMG_4324.JPG
    103.7 KB
We had scrambled egg whites and Jalapeño Spam :)
IMG_4322.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4322.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG
    104.5 KB
Afterwards....girls siesta time :)
IMG_4323.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4323.JPG
    IMG_4323.JPG
    99.7 KB