BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google maps satellite picture
IMG_4034.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4034.JPG
    IMG_4034.JPG
    199.4 KB
Another great day comes to a close.  My Buddy will be on duty tonight, 27* forecast.  Gotta keep the girls warm don't ya know:)
IMG_4045.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    29.3 KB
Many of you already know this but, I find a good quality set of insulated sun screens for all your windows is also fantastic insulation for windows at night.  Glass radiates cold air a lot.  Woke up to 25* this morning nice and warm, Buddy on low setting.   Also parked pointing east, at sunrise took the screens down and sun warms the interior great even though 28* out now.
IMG_4057.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4057.JPG
    IMG_4057.JPG
    131.8 KB
Great way to use passive solar, but sorta depresses me all that sunshine outside and still too cold for me outside!

51* by noon going to 62*...not bad temps, especially for February:)

Entered Arizona 
IMG_4071.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    79.7 KB
They didn't wait for me tonight :)
IMG_4075.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4075.JPG
    IMG_4075.JPG
    67.8 KB
The girls are enjoying our visit with my sister in Tucson Az.
IMG_4088.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4088.JPG
    IMG_4088.JPG
    73.5 KB
We were close to bumping into each other. Here's some data for the next time you head that way.
That Thursday when the wind was up we were coming back from Elephant Butte Lake through Las Cruces to Alamogordo. Left early enough to miss most of the wind. Saw only three travel trailers in the three hour trip. On the way back, we stayed on SH185 through farm land. Got back on the interstate at Radium Springs. The mountains blocked most of the wind. If it had gone up earlier we would have stayed another day at the park. The wind actually helped us up the mountain pass.
Okay showers in the rest rooms.
You didn't miss any fishing yet. Marina staff says they are still in the channel and not along the edges. In about another two weeks they expect fish to start coming out. If anybody is going there -- hot dogs fished on the bottom is popular.
Marina del sur is barely stocked because it's off season until mid March when spring breakers appear.

Hey Bob, if you like Mexican food you probably already know the spots in Tucson. El Guero Canelo, El Charro and Mi Nidto are my favs. I think I was a week ahead of you as I was also cruising along the 10 going west.

Bob, forgive me for asking if I have already done so, but what is your in town mpg on your Transit? Thanks! ☺

Thanks for the great information BigSallysMom and LMTLMT.

One Awesome Inch...16 city and 19/20 on the road. But...going into 40 mph headwind I've got 14.5 on the road. I've used an App to track every fueling since I got the vehicle and before I stayed 2 months in Corpus Christi it was saying my overall average was 18.2. After the 2 months of city driving it had dropped to 17.4.

BobBski said:
Thanks for the great information BigSallysMom and LMTLMT.

One Awesome Inch...16 city and 19/20 on the road.  But...going into 40 mph headwind I've got 14.5 on the road.  I've used an App to track every fueling since I got the vehicle and before I stayed 2 months in Corpus Christi it was saying my overall average was 18.2.  After the 2 months of city driving it had dropped to 17.4.

Bob: I've tried several fuel tracking apps and haven't found anything that lights me up; if I could ask, which one are you using?

Thanks.

I use a very simple no frills one.. mileagekeeper

Their Aunt Debby made them a scrambled egg Sunday breakfast.  We'll be back on the road tomorrow. :)
IMG_4105.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4105.JPG
    IMG_4105.JPG
    216.1 KB
And here's the rear view.  No facilities but very nice.
IMG_4127.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4127.JPG
    IMG_4127.JPG
    81.3 KB
Nice, I drove past that spot many times while my son was in school in Phoenix. I'd pick him up on Friday after school and we'd head to my sisters east of San Diego. A lot of full timers write good things about that spot as a place to stay close to the city if you need to go there for some reason.