BobBski 2017..

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parked for the night at the Flying J, Anthony Tx.  This is Ex 0 in Texas, New Mexico here we come. :)Parked with 3 other vans tonight, mine's the headlight lower right corner.
IMG_3951.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3951.JPG
    IMG_3951.JPG
    93.6 KB
Final Texas sunset for awhile.  It's been a great 2 months and will probably be back next winter.  New Mexico, here we come.  Life is good.
IMG_3965.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3965.JPG
    IMG_3965.JPG
    186.2 KB
I'll be in New Mexico in 5 days if all goes well, where are you headed?

No place in particular as of yet, but seriously thinking about Elephant Butte Reservoir up by Truth or Consequences to do some fishing. I will be working my way west after that. Have family in Tucson AZ I plan on visiting sometime in March.

There's a high wind advisory up there starting Thursday. Daytime temps mid 60s, night time into mid 30s. I won't know until I start the motor in the morning, but will post here:)

Reba is in Sheba's normal nighttime spot tonight
IMG_3975.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3975.JPG
    IMG_3975.JPG
    68.7 KB
and Sheba's not happy about it
IMG_3976.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3976.JPG
    IMG_3976.JPG
    92.5 KB
Hey Bob, if you stop in Las Cruces, pop over to Dripping Springs for a hike if you get the chance. It's an old TB sanitorium up in the mountains east of town, really pretty and beautiful views of the Mesilla Valley.

Well Bob, glad you and the girls enjoyed wintering in Texas, have a great time in NM

We're going to spend another night here in Anthony Texas. High winds until 8 pm
"WINDS WILL HAVE SUSTAINED SPEEDS OF 30 TO 35 MPH WITH
GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH". Just not enjoyable driving conditions. Gives me a chance to tinker on some things and do laundry.

Stouffers Yankee Pot Roast for supper :)
IMG_3986.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3986.JPG
    IMG_3986.JPG
    66.5 KB
I'da stayed parked, too, hell, my trailer rocks a bit in 40 mph winds
Buddy looks like that if i pet the other dog in front of him lol

My girls do dishes too lol
IMG_3990.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3990.JPG
    IMG_3990.JPG
    80.1 KB
ArtW said:
I'da stayed parked, too, hell, my trailer rocks a bit in 40 mph winds
Buddy looks like that if i pet the other dog in front of him lol

I hear ya on the jealousy lol.  After that wind today I've got a lot of dusting to do tomorrow.

Buddy is a sooper dishwasher, wish I had him full time, but that wouldn't be right, i need to do some cleanup, myself

Girls and I are taking a break in a Rest Area that NM really developed nicely.  You're allowed to occupy one of the camping spots free for 24 hours.  It's off I-10 (westbound side only) between Deming and Lordsburg NM.  Verizon 4 bar, LTE, Life is good.
IMG_4010.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG
    96.5 KB
Google satellite photo
IMG_4011.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4011.JPG
    IMG_4011.JPG
    141 KB
Free campsite for the night thanks to freecampsites.net.  Veterans Park, Lordsburg NM.  Life is good.
IMG_4031.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4031.JPG
    IMG_4031.JPG
    119.9 KB
Actual spot I picked, no one else here :)
IMG_4032.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4032.JPG
    IMG_4032.JPG
    134.6 KB