bills solar in quartzite

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean and Buster

Reaction score
what does anybody know about bills solar in quartzite Arizona was going to get started on getting solar put on the trailer as I can afford it so I can start recharging my lights and computer and phone instead of going into town to charge everything up .

they are a little pricey and very busy in the winter. there is also "Discount Solar". highdesertranger

I was unimpressed. They wanted to charge me $800 to install one 160 watt panel on the roof of my trailer. The panel was less than $200 and the controller was about $50. It seemed sky high to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean and Buster said:
I am going to see if I can do this with out setting the trailer on fire

We will be there in a couple of weeks.

D&B.. "setting the trailer on fire..." Burning Van . a new festival. lol

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Following along with your story. I have 2 100W Grape solar panels waiting for me at Home Depot, $89/each. I read and talked and decided I want an MPPT Charge controller. Then I went to Amazon and priced some. the PMW(? the other option) is looking better for now. I'm not ready to mount the panels yet, still figuring out what I want before punching holes in my motor home. So, we can exchange war stories at RTR. I'll have my pieces parts with me.

Both Bill and Discount Solar are not bad people, but they're also not in the business for charity... they charge handsome margins for profit, because they can and probably need to (in order to survive). If you're on a budget, you can likely get someone from the forum to help out (I asked last year and got much more than I asked for and made a friend for life). Then last summer I installed a new system all by myself with what I learned online and through our friend... there's a ton of info on how to do it on Youtube and on various websites... if you put your mind to it, you'll be able to do it (or most of it, and for the rest you'll find someone if you ask). If you're lazy and have money, Bill and Discount Solar will be your best new friends! ;)

shadowmoss said:
Following along with your story.  I have 2 100W Grape solar panels waiting for me at Home Depot, $89/each.  I read and talked and decided I want an MPPT Charge controller.  Then I went to Amazon and priced some.  the PMW(? the other option) is looking better for now.  I'm not ready to mount the panels yet, still figuring out what I want before punching holes in my motor home.  So, we can exchange war stories at RTR.  I'll have my pieces parts with me.

No need to punch holes in the roof to mount solar panels 3m makes a VHB tape ...Very High Bond    google that shit. I used it on 2 vehicles and never a problem

The Grape product line would be fine as he mentioned. I am already in Quartzsite if you want some assistance and have RV solar experience let me know.

With a solid roof you can use VHB tape to hold the panel mounts but you still have to bring the power inside somehow. Do not use VHB on a rubber roof.

Latest posts