Bike and Bike Home for sale

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akrvbob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been following a blogger who is an artist and lives in a tiny trailer he pulls with a bicycle and he is selling the bike and trailer. See the blog post here:
http://theaimlesslywanderingartist....deringArtist+(THE+AIMLESSLY+WANDERING+ARTIST)

I thought I would post it here to stimulate ideas for a bike trailer and if by chance someone was interested. Here are some pics followed by the ad:

Photo%25252020140817173557.jpg

FOR SALE ! HAND CRAFTED MICRO GYPSY CARAVAN AND BICYCLE
A tiny home, studio, or craft kiosk that can be pulled by a bicycle, this beautiful little vardo was designed and built by artist/craftsman Barry Howard. It is the culmination of a lifetime of experience designing and building little nomadic homes. It is easy to tow behind a bicycle and very stable. It features a bed that is approximately 26" wide by 5' 10" long. The mat folds in sections and below is a storage area that is 22" wide by the length of the caravan and 10 inches high. The storage beneath the bed keeps the center of gravity low providing stability. The small windows in the roof provide light and a sense of space above. Aft is a galley area with a propane stove. There is a small removable table which can be used for meals or computer work. It also attaches outside at the rear of the caravan to make a work surface for craftwork or for an easel for painting. A folding stool hangs on the front as seating for the outdoor work area. The caravan features an awning that rolls up when not in use. It provides shade and directs rain away from the caravan. Also included is a large shade umbrella which attaches to the caravan, for the outdoor work area. Other features include:

CANDLE LANTERN
LED LIGHTS INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR
HAND-PRESSURIZED PORTABLE SHOWER
STORAGE NET
RETRACTABLE STABILIZER LEGS
STAINED GLASS WINDOW
FABRIC WALL COVERING
NEW PAINT, TOP OF THE LINE SIGN-PAINTERS ENAMEL
20" WHEELS
QUICK RELEASE HITCH
COPPER PIPE ROOF RACK
ROLL DOWN SHADES
LIGHTWEIGHT WOOD CONSTRUCTION
REINFORCED ALUMINUM TUBING FOR THE CHASSIS FRAME
DESIGNED TO FOLD DOWN TO BED-LEVEL IF DESIRED
VINTAGE COCA-COLA BOTTLE OPENER

COMES WITH:

ONE SIX PACK OF PACIFICO BEER
TWO SHOT GLASSES
ONE BOTTLE OF EL JIMADOR 100% AGAVE REPOSADO TEQUILA
ONE BAG OF FRESH LIMES
ONE SHAKER OF SALT
ONE LIGHTWEIGHT TRAVEL HAMMOCK WITH STUFF BAG

INCLUDES : 26" VINTAGE GARY FISHER 21 SPEED MOUNTAIN BIKE WITH HYPER LOW GEAR, NEW REAR CLUSTER, CABLES, AND CHAIN. OLD, SIMPLE, SOLID BIKE. POWDER-COATED CROMOLY STEEL

TWO CABLE LOCKS
TIRE PUMP
WATER BOTTLE AND CAGE
MIRROR
LED HEADLIGHT & TAIL LIGHT
CENTER STAND
TOOL KIT: SCREW DRIVERS, WRENCHES, SOCKET AND RATCHET, PLIERS, ADJUSTABLE WRENCH, TIRE PATCH KIT, CHAIN LUBE

The price for this little human-powered home-studio is $5000. If interested please contact Barry at 530-355-1319 or [email protected]

Thank You for sharing that.
I don't know why but just seeing it makes me happy - it just looks so homey in an artist kind of way.

The looks of that tiny trailer makes me think of a Popcorn maker for some reason. :p

He's lived in it for year and as far as I know without problem. Rain-proofing is not hard as long as you are thorough. The wind could be an issue, I might not want it in the Arizona desert. But unless you were in an area of extreme winds I think it is a non-issue

There are reasons to not want to live in it, but I don't think those are good ones. I'm not physically fit enough to tow it on a bike, that's why I wouldn't want it. But, I know nothing really, I just follow his blog.
Bob

I just wonder, seeing no real side walls, only bamboo curtains? A hard rain here can be near 'horizontal'.
That short bed wouldn't work for me, but a shorter person would be okay.

At $419 per square foot it must have some artistic quality.

Yeah, the price seems pretty outrageous. But it is a one-of-a-kind and supply and demand sets the price.
Bob

I will take that into consideration when I go to sell my Leer 44 square foot truck camper cap and set the price at $18,500.

I also consider myself an artist specializing in B.S.

Does anyone but me wonder what being rained in all day in this thing would be like?

What kind od a stealth vehicle would it be? I suppose, if people got used to seeing you run some kind of business out of it and saw it chained up at night, they would not expect you to still be in there. Your first night trip to the bathroom would blow your cover, tho.

Hopefully, one with a secure lid, Loo. One wouldn't want it spilling or rolling off an overhead shelf.

highdesertranger said:
i like the "comes with" list. highdesertranger
Yeah, because you might want to drink the whole bottle of AGAVE REPOSADO TEQUILA either before, or just after you realize you spent 5K on this thing.

The only way I can see something like that work is if you live in very, very flat areas. My bike weighs 18 pounds without water bottles and a small saddle bag for spare tube, and climbing hills isn't that easy and I should know, I climbed over 300,000 feet last year including up whiteface mountain in lake placid NY, an 8 mile climb with constant grades of 9% to 12%.
So if that's the only thing one wants or one can afford fine, but you better live in flatlandia.
: )

Luisafernandes said:
The only way I can see something like that work is if you live in very, very flat areas. My bike weighs 18 pounds without water bottles and a small saddle bag for spare tube, and climbing hills isn't that easy and I should know, I climbed over 300,000 feet last year including up whiteface mountain in lake placid NY, an 8 mile climb with constant grades of 9% to 12%.
So if that's the only thing one wants or one can afford fine, but you better live in flatlandia.
: )

So, I am thinking using it in San Francisco is out....... :D

No, you can use it in San Fran but when you get to the bottom you are not going up, not without a tow, and that assuming your brakes worked and you survived. : (