Best Non-stick pans?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lot of opinions here.  I'm currently using a 10" Bialletti (sp?) with white ceramic coating, holding up VERY well.

My cast iron works well for fried stuff. I found a non-stick Cuisinart 722-20NS. Best modern pan I have ever used. Every thing I have cooked floats on the pan and just wipes clean with a paper towel. Most of the kitchens I have worked used those steel saute pans as mentioned above. OrGREENiC pan, it cleans up but every thing sticks while cooking. I use my great grand mother's knife from 1860. It looks rough, like homemade, but takes an edge so sharp it is dangerous.

I have two of the Green4life pans sold at Walmart for $29 a pair. Non-stick with a bit of oil, scratch pretty easy and I don't expect them to last too long.

Regarding kitchen knives, my alltime favorite is an old wood handled knife Dad had ever since I was very young. Mom told me an uncle made it. The blade is carbon steel, age darkened over decades of use. Takes a keen edge and slices meat like no modern knife I have used so far. It will outlast me.
I have junked a bunch of old serrated blade steak knives Mom had. Cannot be sharpened.
Her four-knife set of regular blade steak knives are excellent. Easily sharpened when needed. Tried to find something similar on Amazon, but unsuccessful so far. I have recently gotten some Mora knives, in various sizes. The six inch size makes a good steak knife. Need to order a few more. Prices are good.

In reading the thread the common problem I see is life span. I tend to agree from my own experience I have bought a few shall we say inexpensive non stick pans and even with great care they just don't last.
Cast Iron or Stainless is the pan that will last for years and years.

Cast iron and SS all the way. Haven't bought a new pan since I started using these. Unless of course it's a used Revere ware or vintage/antique cast iron.

I love the old cast iron. So much lighter. Great Grandma's cast is beautiful and still going strong.

When it comes to knives, I cut meat in the grocery I worked in as a teen. Professional butcher knives are like nothing else and cost a small fortune. The set I was using were as old as the store and it had been open 40 years.