best/cheapest/easiest way to find a place to sleep

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When parking in neighborhoods, I would park between houses and not right in front of any house.<br>

<p>My Favorite place to park is the Back of a Hotel/Motel lot, there's usually lots of space, and they expect to see out of state plates there.Just don't block access to trucks so they can turn around or back in.</p>

<P>If you're looking for a Walmart to spend the night and don't have a GPS,&nbsp;check in their book/magazine section for the Rand McNally road atlas. Has all Walmart locations listed by state and city. Has street address for each location and&nbsp;size of the store and services available (pharmacy, tire/lube, gas station, etc.).&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>

I dont know how far you push those maps Suanne.. the other day they led me a bit astray &lt;grin&gt;&nbsp; there was a 'road' there so to speak..but I am willing to bet that it hadnt seen a vehicle in years, and even with the pickup I chickened out after about 30 miles.&nbsp; Didnt make it to my destination<br><br><br>
Suanne said:
<p>
Nelda said:
http://www.discoveryowners.com/cginfolinks2.asp<br>This is a list of places you can put on your own gps.
</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Nelda ... This is such a wonderful resource!&nbsp; I got DeLorme Topo Maps on my&nbsp;laptop&nbsp;for&nbsp;planning&nbsp;and these files work on that software.&nbsp; Thank you, thank you, thank you!&nbsp; This makes my traveling life so much easier!</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Suanne ... in Louisiana now, and going east</p>

<P>I stay in a Hotel/Motel 4 to 5 nights aweek for my job, i use coupons from the Roomsaver books, now&nbsp;changed to Hotel coupons. com . You can find them at almost any rest area, its the Green book. They don't always honor the coupons if the hotel is filling up, just up to a percentage. If i can't fa reasonable rate, i'll whip out my Motel 6 book, Never pay more than $60 there. Also look for the Neon signs at motel locations along the interstate, they're always Competing for you business.</P>

Today at 06:25 AM #27 Man, you guys spend a LOT of money on stuff that you don't have to spend it on. Sheesh.

That's an individual decision: if it makes one happy, makes a job easier, whatever... what else is it for other than to improve the quality of one's life. Cover your needs, live beneath your means so you can save for future need, but you still have to enjoy life- or what's the purpose?

tween said:
<p>Life is its own purpose, and the good is to live it.</p>
<br>. . .and we all live it the way we see fit.<br>

tween said:
<p>yep, and some of us save up enough money and invest it in ways that mean we no longer have to work for anyone, at all, ever again. Others blow their money and have to beat their heads against the wall for 40 years or more, never have anything, go anywhere, and are constantly scared of losing their jobs.&nbsp; You can have that, if you like it so much. I think it's like being a hamster on a treadmill.</p>
<br><br>bet it's lonely up there, huh?<br>