Beginning to leap, lighter and lighter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebraOak

Reaction score
Hello. I am heart-thrilled to have discovered this group. I am three years away from purchasing a vandwelling--is that too much time for this group? In my heart and in my possessions, I'm already vandwelling, I just don't have the cash to fund the vehicle now. However, I'm getting rid of the excess and in a few months will be living with the bare minimum of things even while still in an apartment. As vacation time allows, I hope to meet up with vandwellers and start seeing how I can make this work when the time comes.

It is challenging right now to be in "this world" and yet with my heart not there. The fears that drive my coworkers just don't drive me, yet I still feel the stress and heartache. 

Appreciate any and all advice. Will be reading this site voraciously and learning a lot. Blessings!

Welcome Debra to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

If you have a vehicle just getting out and camping is a great way to work through what you need and want.

Thrift stores are a great place to find camping gear, and a camp type rig in pickup or van where you sleep inside the vehicle is the best value. It is also possible to convert most vehicles to an inside sleeping area by removing the passenger seat.

Hi Debra!

Three years isn't too much for this group! By then, you can possibly forge friendships, find out the ins and outs of vandwelling and be ready to hit the road!

I understand what you mean about not being in this world. The fears that drive others don't drive me. I look forward to being out in nature and the quiet.

Ridding yourself of items for cash and living on the bare minimum is great!

I wish you the best and maybe I'll see you "out there" sometime!

highdesertranger said:
Welcome Debra to the CRVL forums!  To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.  highdesertranger

Thank you for the welcome! There's oodles on this site. I think I'm going to be spending all my off hours studying this month!!

Gloriahass said:
Hi Debra!

Three years isn't too much for this group! By then, you can possibly forge friendships, find out the ins and outs of vandwelling and be ready to hit the road!

I understand what you mean about not being in this world. The fears that drive others don't drive me. I look forward to being out in nature and the quiet.

Ridding yourself of items for cash and living on the bare minimum is great!

I wish you the best and maybe I'll see you "out there" sometime!

Thank you kindly, Gloria. I do hope to see you out there. Going to take someone else's advice, pick up some used camping equipment and go in in my little car. It's fun to just plan it and have something delightful and thrilling to look forward to.

DLTooley said:
If you have a vehicle just getting out and camping is a great way to work through what you need and want.

Thrift stores are a great place to find camping gear, and a camp type rig in pickup or van where you sleep inside the vehicle is the best value.  It is also possible to convert most vehicles to an inside sleeping area by removing the passenger seat.
Thank you, DLTooley. That sounds like doable advice and will be fun, both shopping for some used camping gear and trying it out in my little car. There's no way I'll live in my Hyundai Elantra because it is not a sturdy vehicle by any means. Too many engine problems. But, a getaway with a tent, oh yea. And good practice.

Blessings to you!

Welcome, DebraOak! Good luck on your path to VanDwelling. Looks like you're making the right connections already!

Latest posts