Before the adventure, post #2

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepydogtravels

Reaction score
Bed and storage are complete! The larger things like chair, tent, table, etc, fit in the footwells where the rear seat used to be. I opted not to use a raised bed with drawers in favor of headroom to sit up straight. Still room for a dog bed (Mia and I are both bed hogs).
What's left is packing daily use items and continuing to save for the emergency fund.
P.S. It was REALLY difficult to get the bed made because she kept "helping"...
cfb380ba3e2bf373b93c549cd8ebdf08.jpg

That looks like a good usable setup, Mia knows a good thing, :). It's all a matter of getting on the road, getting things in order, and seeing how it goes. It's a process of making continual adjustments as we go.

I assume you will have some sort of privacy curtains. Walmart sells blackout curtains for $10 or so. Perfect for living in vehicles.

Let me make a suggestion to keep in the "back" of your mind. I estimate that mattress is about 25" wide. You initially opted not to build a platform under the bed, but one thing you can always do, once things settle, is move the storage under the bed. I think you can fit *8* of the following boxes under that mattress. They can be purchased later at Staples or Office Depot, will easily carry the weight, and you'll not need to build an actual platform. You can slide them out, two at a time, for access. Then you'll have an entire half of the back free for others uses, a low chair like a short beach chair, and whatever. 
https://www.staples.com/Staples-Basic-Duty-Storage-Boxes-Letter-Legal-Size-10-Pack/product_825695

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]So just a thought.[/font]

Thanks for the ideas! I'll have time to cut my reflectix tomorrow and line one side black.
So far, everything fits neatly with my storage as I have it (I'm very much a minimalist), but if I ever do need need extra storage, I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Mia is a cutie, and I love your storage bins! Can't wait to see how it goes on your new adventures.

Really nice setup!
If I were shorter and younger I'd have gone the same way. I lived in a truck/camper shell for a little while but I really missed being able to sit up. That really was about the only problem I had. Also I didn't have the benefit of being able to move into the front without getting out of the back. Not very stealth when needed.
Btw, I used polar fleece on the windows for insulation and it works well. It even did a good job not allowing light through.
Realize reflectix reflects heat but doesn't insulate.

Bob's latest vid on the* No Build Build*, also for a minimalist, uses a simple cot with under bed storage and still gives situp room. Mia is waaaaay too cute!