Bear Lake Campground Colorado

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoamingUSA79

Reaction score
I worked there as a host last season it's a paid camp.. Rd 422 by Cuchara on Trinchara peak. There are two lakes blue and bear.. Bear Lake is the highest at 10,500ft it is beautiful.. trails 4x4 trail to the top and some dispersed camping also. I can't wait to get back there in may.  Unless they changed it the prices of camping in the camps is $21 per night no electric no running water just pump water.  A creek runs through both camps. There are also day use fees for parking at the lakes if you are not paying for camping. On another note I hope to get to know as many like minded people so let's talk on here who knows maybe you could just come check it out as my visitor for a few days at my site. I don't mind company. It is a beautiful place to be. I have a video of my camp on YouTube I'll post it

I vividly remember hiking around bear lake on a perfectly clear Colorado Summer day with my parents, and brother. It is still a picture in my mind 40 years later....we were camping in a pop up at Estes Park.