Batteries and Refrigerators and Heaters.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunny

Reaction score
Took my trailer to a repair shop yesterday, one of the main reasons was the fridge and furnace were not lighting. He asked how charged the battery was when I tried to light them. I had no clue, but it was a very small 12 volt starting battery. 

He rolled out a strong 12 volt and hooked it up and both the fridge and heater fired up. Seems they both have a type of safety that shuts off the propane if the battery is below 11.7 volts. 

He is sealing my roof as needed, checking my suspension, I still feel a little sway even with the stabilizer hitch, installing my new charger and enlarging the battery holders to accommodate the larger 6 volts I have.

A tow truck will be here at noon to take my poor truck into an actual mechanic. I am grounded except my scooter and my Polaris. 

I hope everyones day goes well.

Rob

I could write a book on what I don't know. MsMozy introduced me to him.. It'll be nice to have it fully functional whether I keep it or not.

Rob

Rob

I know you have the new converter but I'd like to know if when the sore power is plugged in if the on board converter raises the voltage of the battery at all.

the newer RV's have electronic control boards and most have electronic spark ignition to lite the propane. they will not work without a good 12v system. highdesertranger