BAD NEW CARGO TRAILER

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txjaybird

Reaction score
Does anyone here remember who had purchased a new cargo trailer during 2016 or 2017 and it was really messed up?  

Problems with leaks, roof vents, wireing & etc if I remember rightly.  Someone has aked me about cargo trailers and I haven't a clue.  I do remember posts on this one, I just can't remember who it was or the brand of trailer.

Any info for good brands or even bad brands that need to be watched out for would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jewellann

I do remember reading about that but not who or when. Seems like they ordered it and asked for the extras to be added and that's where things went wrong. Wasn't the trailer itself, it was the add one that were a mess. Maybe I misremember?

I bought a Haulmark Transport 6x12.  It was not a finely crafted piece of machinery.  There are probably better ones, and much worse ones. 

I have had NONE of the type of problems that Gypsy Dogs had, but then I've shrugged my shoulders at stuff I should have called them on. 
For example, it's advertised as having undercoating.  It doesn't. 

So, would I do it again?  Yeah.  In fact, I might , if I can afford it, do a "V2.0" .  Just start over from scratch.  But shop around more.  
And NOT try to do it while i'm living in it!   :D

Regards,

Pat

Stargazer said:
I do remember reading about that but not who or when. Seems like they ordered it and asked for the extras to be added and that's where things went wrong. Wasn't the trailer itself, it was the add one that were a mess. Maybe I misremember?

...only if you consider the roof to be an 'extra' lol.. the thing leaked like a sieve where the roof joined the walls, all the venting (roof and side) leaked and when they "fixed" it they only made things worse..
I mean, how hard is it to make a roof vent water tight? They fixed it twice- first time it leaked More, second time, they glued it shut..... granted, it was potentially water tight at that point, but also air tight.. Wire for lighting through bare sheet metal, brand new light fixtures with water in them (not just condensation, but actual sloshing water..) brand new accessories with pitted rust.. the list goes on...

Glad I am done with the whole mess.. and on to a new and better (for me) option.

ymmv

Gypsy, what was the brand of that cargo trailer again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would highly recommend buying on the secondary market it's not like buying a used car, bugs worked out