ATT Netgear Hotspot 3G

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firtree

Reaction score
Have one of the Netgear hotspots flashed to 3G. It’s been fine for listening to things like CNN, radio online but due to 3G and our distance from towers not successful for much else. 

Wondering If it is possible to reflash, reboot, resomething I could do to get the device to 4G. 
If possible to redo or undo the flash is it possible to use same SIM and account to continue the current internet plan or have to get a new ebay SIM and account?

Most hotspot have a button hidden in a little hole that will do a factory reset back to original. Press and hold for about 15 seconds. Look up the model number online with the search words "make model factory reset".

Why not get a weboost with a directional antenna. I have been places that using this is the only way I got a signal at all and when others had weak signals, I had a strong one. When I had the verizon 3G hotspot I was able to stream movies but I had a strong signal because of the weboost.

I don't know what provider you have or your data plan. These will be dependant on what you have for both. Talk to your carrier and get the info first hand.

Edit to add: Factory resetting your hotspot will not improve your signal.

I have an AT&T Velocity 4G hotspot I bought on eBay with an unlimited data plan. I pay $70 a month, paid not to AT&T but via Paypal to a guy who is very responsive if there are any issues. It seemed shady when I bought it, but I've had it a year now and when the battery died he sent me a whole new unit. I have it on 24/7 and in active use probably a minimum of 8 hours a day. I just went back to see if there are more on there and someone is selling the same device for $87.99 and $29.99 a month UNLIMITED. If it's the same set up as what I'm on, it's been great and it's less than half the price per month of mine.