Artists

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dragonflyinthesky said:
Mindylee, these are incredible. I looked thru your blog and fb. I expected them to cost more. You were fortunate to have a mentor early on.

Dragonfly

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. Some artists do charge a lot more, but I find I do better with middle of the road pricing. I get a lot of repeat customers and word of mouth sales, so I'm fortunate in that. :heart:

MindyLee said:
I get a lot of repeat customers and word of mouth sales, so I'm fortunate in that. [emoji813]

That's the way to go!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

angeli said:
Patrick that is so cool!!

I work much smaller than you do, LOL. Yeah isn't art on the internet amazing?  I've met artists all over the world, including Russia and South America.  Never sold one to Japan, tho.  That must be a thrill!  :)    How would you travel with your art, do you think?  Do you feel like attaching a pic of one of yours, (please??).

I'd love to get to the point that the art would fund some fuel and travel exp to get around to some good landscape painting views.

I'd also love to know other artists in this community.

I also paint (acrylic on canvas, panels or stretched) & am interested in connecting to other artists. I'm not looking to get rich either (we all know artists are starving, right?) but it would be nice to at least earn a living, i.e. cover expenses. Any ideas, suggestions, etc, are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948 KB
angeli said:
Patrick, that's a great idea!  Probably easier to do if paintings are on canvas, but still possible on board.  Thanks!  (Still want to see one of yours...). ?

I used to mask edges of panels as a sort of "frame" for the painting. You could use the screws there without damaging your work.

dragonflyinthesky said:
Thank you kasibson. 
A little bragging. I used to sell original paintings on eBay and regularly had bidding wars, 200 to 700 bucks. I was on top of the world. Now my reality is different. Economy tanked, art is bought with disposable money. Some artists thrived , I didn't. I changed my format and now produce small items with a price point of three to 25 bucks. 
I also have to work small because my studio is the dinette in my travel trailer that I live full time in.
You may have to change your format of art. At least I still make a little money. We artists must produce and create. Its who we are.

Have you seen ACEO? Collectable art the size of baseball cards (2.5 x 3.5), either originals or reprints. Google ACEO.

I used to do okay on eBay selling horse related aceos. Maybe I need to gear up and give it a try again. I have the needed supplies on hand.
Thanks Abigail