Anyone here establish an LLC or Trust as owner of your vehicle?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 cents...

If you don't like the government, just remember that we are a self governed nation.  

What happened to personal responsibility?

I did look into a LLC some years ago. There always has to be some one person that is fully responsible in the LLC. I don't see how that would make that one someone more hidden. I don't know how a trust would work. But that would take a lawyer.

acfdexpo said:
A guy I work with used a company like this:  https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com/montana/llc
to purchase a RV.  Last time we spoke about it he was happy with the service, next time we speak I will update.

He used a lawyer not one of those advertised online companies like I thought.  He did it for asset protection and to avoid sales tax.

Thank you for the update, acfdexpo. I appreciate it.

For those who just want to argue against or ridicule a concept they know nothing about, to reiterate, the purpose of this thread is to ask for practical info from those who have experience with establishing an LLC or Trust to hold property such as a vehicle. It isn't meant to be a thread debating the process or attitudes about it. If it isn't something with which someone is experienced, or who can share the experience of someone they know, then it doesn't make sense for someone inexperienced or lacking knowledge on the subject to post just to pontificate some viewpoint. If you have legitimate questions, cool, but why challenge the idea just to be contrary?

Forums are for discussions. That is their nature. Learn to read what you need and ignore the rest. Good luck with your search for anonymity.

CityWoman said:
...For those who just want to argue against or ridicule a concept they know nothing about, to reiterate, the purpose of this thread is to ask for practical info from those who have experience with establishing an LLC or Trust to hold property such as a vehicle. It isn't meant to be a thread debating the process or attitudes about it. If it isn't something with which someone is experienced, or who can share the experience of someone they know, then it doesn't make sense for someone inexperienced or lacking knowledge on the subject to post just to pontificate some viewpoint. If you have legitimate questions, cool, but why challenge the idea just to be contrary?...

Introductions are important.

Humans this is CityWoman.
CityWoman this is humans.

I imagine we all have at least one thing in common. We all have something\one that annoys the hell out of us. The sooner you get over it, the better. I hope whenever you read this CityWoman you are having a great day. If not, PM me for an inappropriate joke....(yeah, don't, but still have a great day) Love you! :cool:

CityWoman specifically asked for comments from posters who have real life experience with using an LLC for registering their vehicle

Specifically stating not asking for opinions, legal or otherwise, about LLCs.

Same as the poster who asked how to better connect his inverter to his batteries to use his coffee maker. Then the OP received much advice on what he should really be doing to make coffee and how to make a really good cup coffee using something other than the OP's inverter and coffee maker. He asked for electrical advice and was given culinary opinions.

Humility is a virtue.

The signal to noise ratio needs to be adjusted.

CityWoman said:
"...the purpose of this thread is to ask for practical info from those who have experience with establishing an LLC or Trust to hold property such as a vehicle." 

Bravo CityWoman!  I, too, am interested in this line of thought.  With the way things are *trending* in our political landscape, I for one intend to stay ahead of the curve. 

Privacy is a lot like toilet paper.  (I will let you, dear readers, ponder on my meaning.) I value any & all useful options still available to us.  Thanks, CityWoman, for kickstarting this thread.
cool.gif
Charlotte

Forums are discussions. Like a big group of friends. Every body has something to say. That is why we like it here. Shotgun remarks and brainstorming can trigger a really good solution every once in a while. Just ignore the ones you don't need. It is easy.