Anyone have or use a Titan vault?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Todo

Reaction score
I had been looking at two firearm safes, one up front for easy access for travel in states that honor my concealed carry, and one in the back for states that don't.
I came across Titan vaults, while a little pricey they come with two brackets so instead of two vaults I could just move locations depending on state.
Anyone have or seen them?
https://www.titanvault.com/collections/gun-safes/products/titan-compact-vault

Nice, they look good for the price.
Thinking I'll mount one of those in the rear and get either an HF drop down safe or GunVault Speedvault for up front.
They look pretty much identical, HF is $89, and Costco has the Speedvault for $99.
Thanks for the link! I hadn't come across them in my searches but hadn't really looked too hard yet.

Or something like that, I'm not 100% yet on what I'll do for mounting in any location ATM but I'm liking the options.

I keep my tool on me out of sight if permit allows. States that do not allow I just put pistol in a lockbox chained to truck floor. I have the long guns in a locked case bolted to the floor of truck. cheap but it would be real hard to get at them weapons. even for me.

Yeah, I was rethinking, and I really don't need a two safe system, for states allowed it can just be up front with me, and states not, back in the safe. No plans of actually carrying any tool other than my own, but I'd like to find a holster to mount somewhere convenient and easy to reach.
I did get an HF Drop Down Safe, and checking it out appears to be exactly alike the GunVault except the fingers on the drop down part.
Anyway, I'll take it back and get something more of a standard shape as there are some other things I'll have with me I'd like to lock in a safe as well.

I had been thinking a pro for two safes would be having a 2nd one for mags/ammo in disallowed states, but for that I can just get a cheap lockable box for.

I watch this Youtube channel called Active Self Protection and he recommends keeping your "tools" like a gun, pepper spray or whatever on you rather than easily accessible but I will try to steer clear of states that do not recognize my Indiana permit. Illinois is pretty much unavoidable. New Mexico is beautiful and unrivaled in my opinion so it gets locked up there too. I am thinking about becoming a South Dakota resident where they offer an enhanced permit that requires some skills testing that I think is recognized by a lot of states.