Anyone have experience with the Koblenz PFK-400 Victoria stove?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XERTYX

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new stove and I wandered across this on amazon. The description says it's a total of 16,000 BTUs between the 4 burners.

I tried looking on Google for this stove and I didnt have any success other than finding more and more places that sell them. Walmart and home depot also sells this thing. Everywhere has it for $51.67 which is a little strange. 

The home depot description says it has 4 16,000 BTU burners. If that is the case I'd be completely sold on it but I have my doubts that's correct. 

I have been able to determine that it doesnt come with a regulator. Although some answered questions say to simply screw on a propane bottle and go but others say you need to buy a regulator separately. 

Some say it takes a long time to boil water or cook a steak but maybe these folks have been using the wrong PSI regulators? Anyone have any real world experience with these? I like the form factor and the price. Also I'd like to be able to later include it in my build and not use a camp stove with a cheap regulator hanging off of the side.

Koblenz PFK-400 Victoria 4-Burner Gas Stove, Bronze, 18" x 24" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009LIEKSA

I can tell you just by looking at those burners that they are not 16,000 BTU's. read all the Q and A most people say it takes a very long time to cook anything or boil water.

however to be fair to me they don't look like 4k burners either. if I had to guess by looking I would say 8k each. but then again the Q and A points towards 4k.

how's that for a an answer LOL

highdesertranger

Well those were helpful. I looked at the manual posted and it's for both the 200 and 400 model. I didnt know they made a 200. The 200 is for sale @lowes for $32.05 I think it was. And lowes says they have 2 8000 BTU burners. So either the 200 model has higher BTUs than the 400, lowes also is mistaken like home depot seems to be about the BTUs, or both models have 8000 BTU burners like HDR inclined to.

So now i have more data and more questions. XD

Thanks for that though seriously. At least now i know for certain the ppl on amazon that said i got mine and screwed on a propane bottle and that was it are full of BULL.

I'll have to Google how many PSI 2.75Kpa is to look at regulators. Its towards the end of the season and one of our local walmarts drops grill accessories to almost nothing around this time of year. I might find a reg for cheap.

one important criteria when choosing a built in cooktop unit. Always make sure it is easy to get replacement parts for them from a USA supplier.

For the price of the stove, probably cheaper and a lot easier to just replace the whole thing.

I don't think that is a built in unit. someone posted where it said not for indoor use. it was also posted on the Q and A on Amazon from the seller, "Not For indoor use". highdesertranger