Any one watch Tami's End of RV Living: Why You Shouldn't Go Nomadic

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RowanFae said:
It is great that she is happy in her new place, but I won't be watching any more of her videos.  I don't require all sunshine and rainbows; I simply don't find value in what she was offering.
Bingo, you will notice she posted over 200 videos, but had almost no viewership, total of 300,000 views over 2-years as compared to other RV youtubers with many "millions" of views, eg Caravan Carolyn, RVCarolyn, CamperVanKevin, Panda, DebraJoy, Nomadic Fanatic. Clearly not many people were into listening to Tami's message. Go figure.

I saw one of her vids a few months ago and thought she was having a meltdown. It's like sitting down next to a barfly that doesn't know what they're talking about but can't shut up.

frater secessus said:
I saw one of her vids a few months ago and thought she was having a meltdown.  It's like sitting down next to a barfly that doesn't know what they're talking about but can't shut up.

I think we must have been in the same bar....

(not at the same time tho!)

:p

Here is another similar video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goshawk said:
And another

I listened to part of that guy's video and gave up. I think that, all in all, Bob Wells' advice is better. If "boondocking", then the further you are away from any cities or towns, then the less chance you will have to run into bad guys. 

Also, in general people can enjoy this lifestyle without excessive paranoia if they stay in the more organized CGs. It does cost money, as compared to free boondocking, but may be a better choice for the more fearful people. I would always advise any solo women to go that route, especially if tent-camping alone, unless they are able to link up with a group of other travelers.

There isn't just one solution fits all.

I will say it again, these people are going to the wrong places. you go to a bad area what do you expect will happen? bad things. I just don't see it, but if I am in a bad area I don't stay I leave. why tempt fate. highdesertranger

Goshawk said:

Speaking of safety this woman should not be on the side of the highway doing a youtube video with cars and trucks flying by. You could also tell she was just reading from a paper in front of her.

highdesertranger said:
I just don't see it, but if I am in a bad area I don't stay I leave. why tempt fate. highdesertranger

Who the hell is going to mess with you HDR? I don’t think so...

Goshawk said:

Maybe I should change my signature to "Full-time Devil's Advocate". 

Once again what you have here is another person like Tami who has no audience for her .... "general message" ...., whatever that may be. She's had 300 views of her last 3 videos, while for instance RVCarolyn in Alaska has had 57,000 views of her last 3 videos. Go figure. Duh.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfqr5I-0RKK8Ha1PeKi0_ig/videos

OTOH, it might also be useful to read this thread, and possibly give some advice,
https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=32500

Cammalu said:
Who the hell is going to mess with you HDR?  I don’t think so...
Ha, after I saw those pictures of HDR's camp in that other thread, I was thinking exactly the same thing. LOL. Not hardly like a solo woman all alone in a tent in the woods. HDR probably keeps a 300-yard perimeter of sharpened sticks and dynamite buried in the ground.

QinReno said:
Ha, after I saw those pictures of HDR's camp in that other thread, I was thinking exactly the same thing. LOL. Not hardly like a solo woman all alone in a tent in the woods. HDR probably keeps a 300-yard perimeter of sharpened sticks and dynamite buried in the ground.

love this.

`Someone's coming later to secure the place,' Armitage said. He stood in the open doorway with an old-fashioned magnetic key in his hand. Molly was making coffee on a tiny German stove she took from her bag.

`I can do it,' she said. `I got enough gear already. Infrascan perimeter, screamers...'

`No,' he said, closing the door. `I want it tight.'

`Suit yourself.' She wore a dark mesh t-shirt tucked into baggy black cotton pants.

— Neuromancer

“Nice meeting you, Turner,” he said. “We’ll get together sooner or later. Take my advice about those seismics; back em up with a perimeter of screamers.” 

“You wouldn’t feel like coming in for another, would you, Turner?” “No.” he said. This was the second evening she’d made the offer, and he sensed that it would be the last. “I have to check the seismics.”

Later that night, he phoned New York for the number of a firm in Mexico City that could supply him with screamers for the perimeter of the suite-cluster. But a week later. Jane and three others, half the series cast, were dead.

— Count Zero

Both part of the Sprawl trilogy, by William Gibson

This is all very amusing. Especially, the theories regarding HDR's camp. But it's still all off topic. I think we've beaten this dead horse way past anything recognisable.

Thread is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.