Any interest in a SE Areas Meet an Greet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Possible SE MNG Areas...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

galladanb

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here...

I notice there are several fine folks in the Southeast area...

Would anyone be interested in attending a localized MNG?

No plans yet, no real idea as to when or where...

If you interested in attending one soon, respond to the poll, PLEASE.

That way, I will know if we should continue forth...

Birmingham or Montgomery might be closer for some folks, especially from along the coast, while still being accessible to people from Tenn, AR, etc.

Of course, I guess one important factor is an affordable campsite, and I'm not terribly familiar with the sites in that area.

Sure, but would you go?

We can figure out all the details as soon as we figure out if there is sufficient interest... Right?

I am in central Florida.  Of the places you listed in the poll Alabama is closest for me.  I'm toying with the thought of going to Arizona in January but that is sooo far.  I could visit my son in Tucson which would be nice but it is a long way to go.  

I recently went to Bryson City, NC, which was 600 miles each way.  It was nice to get a bit of elevation.  That was a long drive for a week of cooler weather.  Alabama and Tennessee are just a little bit farther.

I voted AL but could do any except Louisville. Still working during the week so it would be a weekend attendance for me. Look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Wife and I would be interested. We live in Missouri when we are home (Australia right now until late January). One of our rental houses needs remodeled when we return and then we have to build our rig to go almost full time. Cumberland Plateau in Tenn, North Alabama where they have white barbecue sauce or anywhere in that general vicinity would be perfect for us. North Georgia would be just fine too since it would give us an opportunity to stop at Cochran's in Ringgold and pick up a rack or two of ribs with that mmm mmmm mmmmmm butt rub they use. Count us in.

I would certainly go, so long as I'm available that weekend. Unfortunately, I'm still immersed in Mundania and working an office job, on-call a week out of every month. If it's a free weekend and not too far away, I'd love it. I'm really jonesing to go to RTR, but that's not gonna happen this Winter. :(

We will be in the SE in Dec and May- if anything happens during those months- count us in!

I will be in E. TN in mid Dec....and N.Fla early Jan
If there were a gathering within 300 mi, I'd likely show up, assuming a rural setting and free or nearly free overnighting..

So far just collecting ideas....
Place and or time optional and yet to be determined.

And it doesn't have to involve any set time length or overnight

However, please vote above in the poll, so we can begin some trip of plan?

Hey there everyone...  although I am new to this forum and I dont consider myself a 
RV or Camping kinda guy....   I do how ever have a Van that I use for my hobby
 and my wife and I do go to Radio Control Meets and there are people who Camp out at 
the meets...  that had caught my attention so I bought a van and started 
making it my very own.
    I would be interested in meeting others and checking out the work they have 
done to their vans.
     I will subscribe to this thread and keep an eye on it and see how it progresses.
  I live in Shepherdsville Ky  ( just south of Louisville )  but I wouldnt mind 
to travel to Tenn meet and greet maybe stay a night do some shopping with the wife.

Oh my, there are some really Great responses here!

In the time since I started this poll, I have watched several videos by one of our
favorite you tubers,
Camper van Kevin and his WoofPac.

He has camped at least three times in a free spot called Rhea Springs, near Chatnooga.
You all should seek him out on the tube.

My thought is that we have our meet an greet there... It looks like a grand place!

And I am getting a few Uber cool items together for a raffle!
We could have a free pile...
We could offer free installs, build something, or even do some rig repairs...

What do ya think? OO, I'm getting excited now! Lol!
Such Fun!

I'm in and around TampaBay FL.. And always interested in potential meet ups.. Still working on Windows and hope this will be handled so I can head out.. Cold is NOT really what I wish to do however.. I wanna meet my extended family from many mothers!!!

Campervan Elvis has a meetup on [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Monday, January 1, 2018[/font][/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] at [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]11 AM[/font] at [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 Causeway Boulevard/Curlew Rd, Dunedin, Florida 34698[/font]

Feel free to create another thread about his meetup, please.

I would prefer we focus on the regional thread in this please.

Thank you!

I am new here but am always up to meet fellow vanners. I will be going to RTR so couldn't till after that.

I have stayed at Rhae Springs it is a great spot. They have a bath house along with "clean-ish" Porta Potties and as far as I can remember every spot is waterfront. I think it would be an excellent spot for a meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.