Any honest AZ used rv/auto dealers?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogear52

Reaction score
Anyone know of a dealer in AZ that has a reputation for honesty and fairness in their business dealings?

The general view here is to buy a vehicle from a private party--and have it carefully inspected by a knowledgeable mechanic before completing the purchase--since dealers usually substantially increase prices to cover their overhead.

If you are going to go the buy from a dealer route, I can offer two suggestions.

Go over to the mainstream rv forums and ask there. There will be a much larger group of owners who've actually bought from dealers.

Don't just ask for recommendations for dealers they would buy from again, ask also about bad experiences and dealers to stay away from.

Use your yellow pages and compile a list of dealers in your area, then check their ratings with your local Better Business Bureau. Stick to the dealers with the best ratings or with the fewest complaints.

Regards
John

Thanks for the good advice. I've been trying to find a private party sale on CL but it's a roll of the dice. I hate having to go the dealer route but might have to given my deadline.

While I love my rig, I do wish I had been a bit more savvy buying at a distance. I got mine in AZ from a dealer who reviewed well, but when I got to OK the next day, the rain came funneling down the tv antenna and a few weeks later, I found rot in the back. If they aren't okay with an independent inspection, ya might want to skip.

Sorry you had those surprises. Yeah, I agree about the inspection thing. I think I'm going to wait and go with a private seller deal in person, an inspection and gut feeling.

well I am a little late to this discussion but I have never met a honest used car dealer, there has to be some out there, but imho they are few and far between. I have done mechanical work for dozens of them and talked with hundreds more and have not yet met a honest one. just sayin. highdesertranger

Same old thing buyer beware, just be a good mechanic and learn how to fix everything. most important is driving and stopping. Assume the person selling to you is either exaggerating or honestly laying out what they know (and judging the seller is important.) These are all variables.
I buy what I know....