Another tasty, cheap idea using beef broth

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanTrekker

Reaction score
<p style="margin: 0px;">I love beefy, salty food...&nbsp; It's good comfort grub.&nbsp; Recently I've become hooked on Campbells French Onion Soup... It's $1.59 a can.&nbsp; It's pretty salty so I had the full portion of water and use it for two meals.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Today Super Target was running&nbsp;8 ounce tubs of sliced roast beef lunch meat for $1.38 apiece on clearance...</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">I made a sandwich with 4 oz of cheddar jalapeno bread, 4 ounces of beef, and dipped it in soup.&nbsp;&nbsp;I&nbsp;put the leftover meat into the soup and threw it in the fridge for tomorrow's trip.&nbsp; The last of the bread will make another wonderful sandwich which will be moist from the inside out...&nbsp; A wonderful, sloppy, shirt&nbsp;drenching&nbsp;mess...</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Now get this...&nbsp;&nbsp; Here was the per meal cost of a tasty, dippable sandwich...</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">4 oz&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Beef&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; $0.69</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Bread&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; FREE&nbsp; (from the Catholic charity)</p><p style="margin: 0px;">1/2 can&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Soup&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$0.79 cents</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">------------------------</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">$1.48</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Not bad!</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p>