Doctored up Ground Chicken

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanTrekker

Reaction score
<p style="margin: 0px;">I made this for Dad.&nbsp; It turned out to be so tasty we had to cook it again this morning.&nbsp; If you've tried ground turkey or chicken and thought it was bland, try this idea.&nbsp; Also, use a good ground chicken - don't use the cheap stuff (such as Hormel) that uses a 12% added solution (salt water).<br></p><p style="margin: 0px;">1 pound ground 95% chicken</p><p style="margin: 0px;">1/4 c shredded taco blend cheese (or anything with cheddar)</p><p style="margin: 0px;">2T bacon bits (optional)</p><p style="margin: 0px;">1T dried onion (reconstitute before adding to meat)</p><p style="margin: 0px;">a few dashes of seasoning salt</p><p style="margin: 0px;">a few red pepper flakes if desired</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Mix and let sit for a couple hours before cooking.&nbsp; Lightly fry 4 ounce patties over low heat.&nbsp; The cheese will scorch a bit (like the top of a pizza) and add a lot of flavor.&nbsp; Don't burn them too much though.&nbsp; I also like to add a bit of guacamole when making a sandwich out of these.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">V.T.</p>

Thanks for the Tip,<br>I like to add in some Tex Mex spice myself. The other day I made it with some canned corn, in the same pot added a small touch of Brown Sugar, and boy was it good. Also added in some garlic and baby onions, chopped up.<br>

<p style="margin: 0px;">That sounds pretty healthy and tasty, too!<br><br>V.T.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p>