Another solar/battery/ 12 volt question.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure East Penn is the only licensee of the Duracell brand in big deep cycling batts.

If the RE version of the T-105 is only $20 more, jump on it! much longer cycles lifetime in heavy usage patterns.

Unless the regular one is just crazily overpriced.

Say the Duracell FLA are $180 per pair. I wouldn't pay more than $210 for regular T105s, and maybe go to $250 for the REs.

Those are local prices, ordering online and paying for shipping to your home is usually too expensive.

If long drives are involved, I value my time at $20 an hour and RT miles at $1 each.

wayne49 said:
I am wondering if someone can wade in and figure out what the $20 is buying and how would it impact a solar setup vs T105 plain.

Thanks,
Wayne

I have the Trojan T105REs (4 of them). They each weigh about 6 lbs more so there's more lead in there.

Warranty period is much longer (3 times IIRC) and the projected number of cycles at 50% discharge rate is substantially longer.

I forget the exact specifications but you  can find all the info on Trojans' website.

It's not the impact on a solar set up per se, it's the impact on my wallet when the batteries last much, much longer.

None of the Quartzite RV shops carried them and quoted me a silly price for bringing them in for me. I ordered mine on line and picked them up at a warehouse in Phoenix.

And of course no battery lasts long if not cared for properly.

When abuse is unavoidable and you know you'll need to replace every few years anyway, no point in spending any extra.

But if the only problem is PSOC, may be worth spending $500 per 100AH on Firefly Oasis, or even (lots) more on LFP.