Another Oregonian

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vern

Reaction score
Hello all, 
Another newb here... drove truck over  the road  for several years and became very comfortable with living full time in a 5' by 7' sleeper. Life/aging parents took me off the road... That chapter has closed and I'm exploring the possibility of living full time on wheels again but at my own pace.  Am loving all the utube vids, blogs etc that I've discovered. So many possibilities!

Vern

Welcome aboard.
After 36 years of living on the road 13 of which with no schedule or fixed destination .
I can tell you it's like a completely different world.
No more passing by things I want to see and no more hurry hurry hurry.
Yer gonna love it !

Hey Vern, welcome aboard!

As a former driver, click the link below. You might enjoy seeing my old Pete 379 Motorhome conversion!

Vern! Welcome to the CRVL forums! I'm glad you found us! We're got a page full of member's blogs here: https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-Member-s-blogs-and-websites

Some may not be active, at this point. But they contain good informationand can be an entertaining read.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello Neighbor!

Are there any Oregon meet-ups currently planned?  If not, this needs to happen.  There are a lot of us.  If you head over to the Eugene area, I can guide you to some safe parking.  It's tolerated very well here.  

Happy Travels!

Oregon is my home base too. I usually spend about a third of the year there, mostly in the Salem, Albany, and (sometimes) Eugene/Springfield areas. The Eugene library is my favorite of all libraries I've ever been to!
I'd be interested in a meetup if it coincided with when I'm in the area. Right now, I'm finishing a construction job in Alaska. I'll be back in Oregon no later than October. Then heading to Cali in December.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Hello all,

Not sure how to do all the quote stuff so here goes my replies!

@ rvpopeye, yeah, my over the road driving was like a huge tease... all these interesting byways and no way to check them out. That's soon to change!

@ speedhighway46, All I can say is Holy Crap!!! that's awesome... I spent several years driving a 379. Ah, the memories :rolleyes:

@ Cyndi, thanks for all the links. I kinda don't want to know how much time I've spent staring at the monitor the past couple of weeks!

@ Howiet, I miss the dry side, lived over there for quite awhile. Fortunatly it's not that far away. 

@ SimonLea, Howdy Neighbor... Dunno about any meetups but would sure like to attend one close by but I'm 100% heading to the RTR in Jan. I lived in Eugene also. I'm sad they closed the Keystone Cafe.

@ Iggy, Oregon is a pretty good place... Sure would like to make the trek to AK one day.

I've been having a heck of a time figuring out the correct rig to call home and finally pulled the trigger on a little bumper pull trailer. Got lucky and made a very good deal so if it isn't "the one" I should be able to turn it into something else down the road. In a perfect world I had planned on building out a cargo trailer but I got impatient and am totally obsessed with getting on the road. Plan is, month of October as a shakedown then I have to come back for a short driving job then head wherever strikes my fancy. Mostly interested in boondocking... been on enough pavement.

Hopefully I'll see some of y'all down the road,

Vern

Hey, Vern! It's yer ol' buddy Ernest... wait, no, no, no.. .that was a different lifetime for me. LOL (sorry, Oregonians may not even get the reference/joke)

Anyway, welcome to the forum. It is the nicest, most friendly and helpful on the Net I truly believe. You've got a head start on knowing rigs and how to travel and live small.

I'm sure RVPopeye will be here to say show us the photos of the bumper pull. Well, I guess I've voiced that request already here.

WriterMs said:
Hey, Vern!  It's yer ol' buddy Ernest... wait, no, no, no.. .that was a different lifetime for me. LOL  (sorry, Oregonians may not even get the reference/joke)

Anyway, welcome to the forum. It is the nicest, most friendly and helpful on the Net I truly believe. You've got a head start on knowing rigs and how to travel and live small.

I'm sure RVPopeye will be here to say show us the photos of the bumper pull.  Well, I guess I've voiced that request already here.

Good Lord... there's a blast from the past :) Funny thing is, I'm driving a Ford. Thanks for thew welcome and also a huge thanks for the Obliterated series. I'm two down and one to go. Quite a fan of the genre.

No pics yet, my way lowball offer was surprisingly accepted yesterday (Thurs). I'll bring it home next week. It's an R-pod... not top shelf quality but will get me on the road and I can unhook and "really" go back in the brush with the old 4x4.

GypsyDogs said:
Hello to Another Oregonian from Another-nother Oregonian.  :)

Howdy! Looks like there's quite a population of like minded folks hereabouts.

I checked out you 4x4... nice setup. Love that TBI motor, not too bad to work on and fair fuel economy. I've been boondocking in my '85 Ford 4x4 with a gemtop shell for several years. Latest trip was over Sisters way to camp with family and visit a bit with Bob at his camp.

Vern said:
Good Lord... there's a blast from the past :) Funny thing is, I'm driving a Ford. Thanks for thew welcome and also a huge thanks for the Obliterated series. I'm two down and one to go. Quite a fan of the genre.

No pics yet, my way lowball offer was surprisingly accepted yesterday (Thurs). I'll bring it home next week. It's an R-pod... not top shelf quality but will get me on the road and I can unhook and "really" go back in the brush with the old 4x4.

Hey, those R-pods are cool... tho it was years ago I toured one. I thought they WERE supposed to be top quality since the price was pretty high compared to others at the time??? Hmm.

And thank YOU for the compliment to my novels -- my first one got some lashings for things like not having enough curse words -- oh and one reviewer returned the book because the woman knew more about camping than her boyfriend (seriously, that was what he wrote and gave me one star). Not great literature but hopefully fun and somewhat educational.

As for Ernest and Vern, I spent several years as the PR director for the agency doing the commercials and the movies. I bet you were glad when they left the air so you wouldn't have to hear so many people doing what I did. LOL

We'll be standing by for pics of your pod!!

Welcome and congrats on the new rig and so as not to disappoint ,,,,pics or it didn't happen !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

If there's anything you want to know , don't be shy.