another newbie

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hihoshilo

Reaction score
Hello!  I am from South Dakota and dont' do alot of travelling but just now and then.   I stay in my tahoe, I hope that's ok here, as its not a real rv. 

I use a cot, and my main reason for travel is to paint--I'm an artist.   I used to go to paint outs, where many other artists did the same, but those aren't as popluar as they were (in my area) so I think this year I'll just go out on my own, painting in state parks, hiking and spending time with my little dog, Arty.  

Thanks for letting me join, and I have a real tricky question about how to keep the tahoe cool when I must leave it (and Arty) parked a while when I have to do other things and he's not welcomed.    if there is a forum here that this would be answered, please direct me?
I'm glad to be here!
-shilo

Hi

I am just starting this adventure and welcome. Like you I paint and used to attend a "paint on location" event for painting outdoors. I am planning to pack the art supplies up and paint as I travel when stopped. I am new to the forum and it is nice to find others with similar interests. Good luck on your painting excursions,

Trish

Welcome to the CRVL forums shilo! Everyone is welcome here no matter what their dwelling unit, traveling style, or income level. :) If you don't find answers to any of your questions just ask again in the forum section that is most appropriate.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

thank you to those who've been kind at my first posting. I just received a pretty ugly pm from charlottes web, I have no idea who this is or why I was targeted or if they've been spammed but I think i'll be going now. bummer, looks like there was lots to learn from in here, but eek. happy travels

hihoshilo said:
thank you to those who've been kind at my first posting.  I just received a pretty ugly pm from charlottes web, I have no idea who this is or why I was targeted or if they've been spammed but I think i'll be going now.   bummer, looks like there was lots to learn from in here, but eek.   happy travels

PM was not ugly, but was not intended for you.  I suspect a trickster in the PM system. 
From now on, I plan to put suspicious correspondence in the back of the drawer & perhaps
EMail only way to go now...(if you weren't a 'newbie' you would know better than to cast
aspersions on me!)
:huh: