Another Newbie! AKA CheapRV groupie

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minormanic

Reaction score
Hi everyone.  I'm 64, on disability, a mom whose two grown sons have nothing to do with.  Also a mom to three dogs who think I'm awesome ?.  I have been following Bob's YouTube for months and finally said 'F' it and put my house on the market last week.  I am so excited. For months I've been planning this and now the time is almost here. I had quite a time trying to decide between a van, a travel trailer, or a 5er. The decision has been made to buy a van when my house sells.  It will probably be a Chevy cargo van or possibly a Ford transit.  I plan on doing the insulation myself. I have the configuration planned. But I don't have a clue when it comes to the wiring and batteries and inverter etc. I do want solar panels.  I have to use a BiPAP at night.  I would like to have a refrigerator, not full-size of course, but not the little one.   All I want is to be able to make ice cubes lol.  I've decided on a propane cook stove top, per Bob's advice and a pump sink.  I plan on mostly boondocking  with my dogs.  Here's hoping to find some answers in the forum.  Hope to meet some of y'all someday.  Back in the day when my youngest son was speaking to me, he once told me I have a gypsy's soul.  I think he was right.......

Welcome Minormanic to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Hi Minormanic and welcome! Best wishes on your decisions. Its not aaalllll gravy, but its super great for me. Hopefully, its the same for you.

Welcome aboard !
You are in the right place for info on your new life.

Minormanic said:
  I plan on mostly boondocking  with my dogs.  Here's hoping to find some answers in the forum.  Hope to meet some of y'all someday.  Back in the day when my youngest son was speaking to me, he once told me I have a gypsy's soul.  I think he was right.......

Welcome Minormanic. In case you haven't seen this great tool for finding place's to spend a night. Or two. 
https://freecampsites.net/