AMBULANCE WIRING???

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneGirl

Reaction score
:huh: I just bought a 2002 Ford e350 diesel ambulance. I know there must be power to the inside, but I cannot get it to work. With all the built-in cabinets (a million!) I can't see how it's hooked up. It has 4 batteries in an outside slide, but I don't know which ones are which!
I could use some help in figuring this out - I have watched a billion YT videos, but I still get lost.
Is it expensive to do the free-standing marine battery thing with the inverters, converters, lions, tigers, and bears? OH MY!
:huh:

There will likely be a master power switch somewhere for the house batteries.  Sometimes the master switch is a large rotary style switch (see pics), probably mounted somewhere safe from the elements.  If you're not seeing a master switch like in the photos, it could be wired using a remote continuous-duty solenoid switched from inside the cab using a toggle switch.  Another suggestion is to look and see if the DC breaker is tripped, and reset it (see pics).

Attachments

• Master Power Switch.jpg
    Master Power Switch.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Marine Power.jpg
    Marine Power.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1
  • MarineBatterySwitch.jpg
    MarineBatterySwitch.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DC breaker 1.jpg
    DC breaker 1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DC Breaker.jpg
    DC Breaker.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 0
Well gone girl, the people who drive ambulances, aid cars and fire trucks are a very caring bunch of people. I think you should just go and talk to some of the folks who are with the EMT services and have a conversation. They will be able to direct you what to do or perhaps direct you towards the company that services their vehicle. Since you are not needing repair but just have questions about how to turn the power on show up with a bag of great bakery treats. That will put a smile on their face. Caring and sharing works.

I hve an ambuance & love it. Just call the Ambulance comapny, give them the serial # & they'll e-mail all the build sheets, at least Horton dent me 55 & I know where every wire, breaker, brace, everything goes. I love it & couldn't be happier. If you need Whelen 900 clear lenses or the whole light up the scene units let me know as I bought too many. Horton even sent 2 spare keys even though it came with them. Good luck!