Alliance Van Conversions, Van Nuys, CA

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeilaLight

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this conversion company?  I'm super non-handy and am considering using a conversion company to do a very basic build on a cargo van.  I've looked at conversion kits and they're out of reach for me, even the "affordable" ones like Wayfarer.  So wondering if I could get somebody to help with insulation, floor, a roof vent, and a bed platform.  I could manage storage and galley.  

I'm in the Los Angeles area, if anyone has any leads on conversion resources...

I have no "building" skills either but I am doing it myself. I have a list of what to do first, then second etc. I read, ask questions, watch you tube, then I do it
Then onto the the next step.
I don't want to hire the job out, it's my home and I have the time so I will do it. I am just beginning and I know already I most likely will do a remodel in a couple years, but for now, it's all me learning how to do it.

I do know there is a tribe member in Flagstaff that is available to build if your anywhere near AZ. His name is Rich and his number 1 760-681-4926. He has posted his number on this forum and I talk to him often. I have not seen his work but he is a full time Vandweller'.

In regards to the company you mentioned, ask for references and also Google them and see what comes up.

Best of luck and keep us posted

There's several van build meetings throughout the year that would be great for you to save money and know how your van is put together and where things are located. Besides you can ask all the questions you want and nobody will mind.
Once you learn how things are done you should be able to figure out what a problem is and get it working again. Or even upgrade something on your own.
It's empowering once you have gained skills and knowledge. Wish I was on the west side but I'm enjoying the summer on the North coast right now. Van builds are actually fun when you get started on them.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the encouragement. I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos. I’m starting to feel like I can do what I need. Thank you again.