AIRBNB - less than $20 a night

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goshawk

Reaction score
So am finding that AIRBNB does have listings for camping at property with hosts who provide a camp site.  Just need to adjust your search for something less than $30 or less than $20.  This is way better cost than state and private "big box" camp grounds.   And you can talk to the owner via email, about long term stays at even better discounts maybe.  Owners are actually responsive.

Am just shocked that some states parks really have a marketing department that must be doing some gross misunderstanding of their competition.  Really hope AIRBNB camping drives the market down to the ground, where we are camping.  Pun intended.

Goshawk said:
So am finding that AIRBNB does have listings for camping at property with hosts who provide a camp site.  Just need to adjust your search for something less than $30 or less than $20.  This is way better cost than state and private "big box" camp grounds.   
Had to google this to find out what the heck AIRBNB is?
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3713170

I stayed a couple of nights at a guy's acreage near Watsonville, CA. It was $30/night, which wasn't much better than the state parks along the coast. Another AirBnB place I stayed at, near San Luis Obispo, was a teepee. Wood floor, brass bed, a bit of a walk to the bathroom and shower. $45/night. And my ex in Los Angeles rents out a room via AirBnB, too, but she let's me stay free. Guilt and pity are good for something.

The motels we spent the winters in Iowa were approx $23\night if doing 30 days. Those were with WiFi, cable, longest hottest showers you could want. Usually a fridge and microwave in the rooms.

Of course, if your a "stuffy" person, these wouldn't work for you. Five years ago a guy got beat to death in the motel parking lot we were at, 2 years ago a guy was gut stabbed and left to die(he survived). If you don't mind working girls(usually kinda nice) or their pimps(not so nice) and fit in with the outside society types...or at least know how to treat them like a fellow human, those cheap motels aren't all bad. They are an experience!

They trade off is laying in bed all day watching Jerry Springer or screaming at the messed up 24\7 news media...

No idea about AirBnB, but when we camped,it was $7-10 a night. And they were nice campgrounds, not that KOA stuff.

Replying to my old topic. Discover the PASSPORT AMERICA membership where you get half off camping costs. Not bad if the normal price is $30 and you only pay $15 a night. Quality is likely a significant issue. So make sure you read reviews on the park you will visit.

There are at least five online review tools for RV parks. Google itself is likely the most well known review tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did they start this?
"Guests and hosts can scan a government ID and connect other online profiles to their Airbnb account."
It's not "can;" it's required.

Was comparing accommodations between a campground and AIRBNB this weekend. Seems the campground was charging about the same price. This was camping in myrtle beach SC area. $60 a night with sewer hookup. ---- looks like the market is balancing out costs between AIRBNB and a full services RV camp site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk