activate visible with mofi

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohdag19

Reaction score
Hello all,
So I have received my Visible Sim card and my MOFI 4500. My question is would I first active Visible using my phone and then put the SIM into the MoFi or can I just activate it while in the MoFi? 
Thank you in advance. 
JF

I'd start with it in the phone. If you need to chat with customer service they will be all over your account. Use a different phone to chat with them than the one you are trying to activate so you can stay connected with the same agent through the process

The Visible SIM must be activated in a phone. The phone must have the Visible app installed and you need a WiFi connection to activate the SIM. Once activated, the app is no longer required. I'm not familiar with a MOFI but for my MiFi 6620 I had to change the APN to VZWINTERNET.

Tom_M said:
The Visible SIM must be activated in a phone. The phone must have the Visible app installed and you need a WiFi connection to activate the SIM. Once activated, the app is no longer required. I'm not familiar with a MOFI but for my MiFi 6620 I had to change the APN to VZWINTERNET.

I just got a MiFi 6620, how do you change the APN?

When using a hotspot like this on Visible does it still limit you to 5 mbps download speeds?