About to join the vandwellers!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kflan61

Reaction score
I am putting my mobile home up for sale and buying a van! I live in Florida at the moment, the heat has become unbearable, jobs are low paid and every year more people arrive. I am looking forward to being free to travel, meet new people and embrace a new life style. Looking forward seeing you all in Arizona, my goal is to make rtf. L

Welcome Kflan to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Sounds like you have a plan !
Plans are good. Mostly.

There's lots of vans to choose from, plenty of places to go with less people and No jobs, to worry about being underpaid for doing !
No limits upon you out here on the open road.
wheels

:)  Hello and Welcome.  What kind of work do you like to do?  Do you have a vehicle now that you can live in or out of? 

I've had my van almost a year.  I'm glad I'm not looking now as I've heard that some unscrupulous folks will be trying to sell flooded vehicles.  I had someone tell me just this week that if a vehicle had been flooded or in high water and it started and ran just dry it out and it would be O.K.  
 I told'em to tell it to the Marines....just don't try to sell it to them!  I may be wrong about this.....I can live with that :D

Jewellann

Txjaybird said:
:)  Hello and Welcome.  What kind of work do you like to do?  Do you have a vehicle now that you can live in or out of? 

I've had my van almost a year.  I'm glad I'm not looking now as I've heard that some unscrupulous folks will be trying to sell flooded vehicles.  I had someone tell me just this week that if a vehicle had been flooded or in high water and it started and ran just dry it out and it would be O.K.  
 I told'em to tell it to the Marines....just don't try to sell it to them!  I may be wrong about this.....I can live with that :D

Jewellann
I know! Some real nasty people out there. And if they were flooded, they are no good I was told.  I need to sell my mobile, then I can look for my rig, I will definetly get it checked out by an independent person, before I buy it! I am looking forward to getting mobile!!
Karen

Welcome to the forum! I am only a part time dweller for work reasons, but it has turned out to be a really excellent solution for me. Before I was looking at $1100 a month for an apartment in the bad part of town I would use four nights a week. Now I can drift around my city in my van for almost nothing. It has been great!