A new adventure

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Bryan here, I’m from Michigan. I’m thinking of living tiny (again).
I’m headed toward retirement and due to disability my income will be
Less than I had hoped. I’m going to build a small trailer that will be solar powered.
My goal is to be 99% sustainable off grid.
My hobby range all over the spectrum. I have a long history with alternative energy.
It is my hope when I retire to live in my trailer or to do an RV of some sort.
My goal is to have my rig be a dwelling and a teaching space. 
I would to create a simple mobile energy learning environment.
I’m not a professor but rather a guy who loves geeky stuff like electronics, things Mechanical etc I guess I come to the table with almost 30 yrs of fun and adventure in alternative power but by no means a professional.

I play with every thing from solar electricity,computers, phones,gadgets, Ham radio,antenna design etc and a lot more.
I’m just a geeky/nerdy guy who is friendly and seeking his tribe. I’m generally very friendly, open to questions and I get great satisfaction in assisting other in solving what might seem like unsolvable problems.
Other hobbies are taking pictures in nature with a penchant for sunsets, grilling over an open fire, coffee, working with metal, cooking, and of course conversation not necessarily in that order  :p.
You can find me on Instagram as bburrma 

Yes I can get a bit windy so I will stop here.
Also if there are any Volkswagon diesel TDI fans out there say hello.
Peace, Bryan

Attachments

• 227BDE4F-B154-444E-9178-871B9B6F9B00.jpeg
    227BDE4F-B154-444E-9178-871B9B6F9B00.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the CRVL forums Bryan! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

We're very glad you are here!! With your range of experience you're going to fit right in!! Feel free to jump in on any of the threads and ask and answer any questions you'd like!!

akrvbob said:
We're very glad you are here!! With your range of experience you're going to fit right in!! Feel free to jump in on any of the threads and ask and answer any questions you'd like!!

Hey thanks Bob, I start my mini trailer build next spring. I hope to meet you and hang out with everyone at some point.
Feel free to ask me questions as well. I should have 900watts of solar at 24 volts by the time I’m done. I know, over kill but I already had the panels for another project that never materialized. ?
Peace Bryan

Tinysolarshack said:
I should have 900watts of solar at 24 volts by the time I’m done. I know, over kill but I already had the panels for another project that never materialized. ?

There's no such thing as too much solar.