a magazine that has a wide variety of helpful subjects

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Txjaybird

Reaction score
howdy folks...i'd like to tell you about a magazine that always seems to have info on a wide variety  of subjects.  it's "the Backwoodsmen".  the jan.y/feb. edition has a d.i.y. folding campers' reflection stove/oven, & a way to make "burnable logs" from paper pulp that you can make very simply & this is not the 1970's method of rolling newspaper into logs. also some fishing/trapping/shooting articles,  just thought i'd pass this info along in case someone else could use it.     see ya!  texas jaybird

In addition to their print magazine, they've also got a fine website:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/

Massad Ayoob does their regular firearms article.  I had the privilege of taking several training courses with Mas in NH.  Worth every penney.

Regards
John

Optimistic Paranoid said:
In addition to their print magazine, they've also got a fine website:

http://www.backwoodshome.com/

Massad Ayoob does their regular firearms article.  I had the privilege of taking several training courses with Mas in NH.  Worth every penney.

Regards
John
hey!  i've only had a mini lap top and internet access since 12/15 and i never even thought of looking them up!  i knew someone other than i had heard of them because their mags. vanish quickly around here.  you're  the only person i've "spoken" to that's heard of them.  i wonder if any other old bats other than myself read them?
thanks for the tip.   :shy:      jewellann

i think that the magazine mentioned is backwoods men. would like to know which issue i should order for info about the stove mentioned. i use to get it for my grandson 20 yrs ago and i would read it from start to finish before giving it to him. its really a nice magazine with a much simpler look at things than backwoods home, which is a really fun mag. too.

l am going to try again i keep messing this up! the mag mentioned above is backwoods men.......not backwoods home. mags are some what alike but not the same. i checked just to be sure and i ordered the mag mentioned..only available on backwoodsmen. margo

dancemama said:
l am going to try again i keep messing this up! the mag mentioned above is backwoods men.......not backwoods home. mags are some what alike but not the same.  i checked just to be sure and i ordered the mag mentioned..only available on backwoodsmen.  margo

hey you.....don't worry about messing up...i've intercourse'd up so many times since i started using this keyboard that i've even amazed myself   :) LOL.....i too have read them both,  i like The Backwoodsman the best because to me it seems to cover the widest range of subjects in simple language that i can usually figure out even if i'm unfamiliar with the subject and it reminds me of the very early issues of THE MOTHER EARTH NEWS ......my collection of those start with #1 and i have most of what i call " the good years" before they sold out and rolled over for the advertising $$$$$'s.  i thought "Wilderness Way" was also good for as long as it lasted....i also think the old issues of American Survival Guide [ yup i got 'em ] had some really good stuff in them.  the new ASG is often to high tech for me.   i'm gonna have to change my handle to "rambling rosie" i do go on! The Backwoodsman has a good deal on back issues if you're interested.  now i'm done for real!l    happy trails,  jewellann