A LA Times article. I think LaVonne is a member

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyndi

Reaction score
I wake up early these days, when morning light outlines the blackout curtains and floods the skylight above my bed. After washing up with baby wipes and donning clean clothes, I slide open a curtain to reveal the front seats and windshield of the van that is my home, and check the back one last time to make sure everything is secure. Then I crawl into the driver’s seat and turn the key.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/sto...Tq46vC1WufdX4Yiap3dhirONHTAryNCi6fgPtw[/SIZE]

"Homeowners see the growing influx of people living in vehicles and feel threatened. Not all of those people are respectful and clean, which colors how we are viewed, and laws get passed to keep us at bay."

It's ALWAYS the same things. People who park forever and don't move. People who dump all their crap on the street. People who panhandle everyone around.

It is of course just a tiny handful of us who do any of those things. But we all get to pay the price for it anyway.

:(

LaVonne was also interviewed on the radio earlier this evening...  She spoke very well, represented the van community in a noble fashion, all while getting a positive productive message out.  She went up against a very tough interviewer and shut down a lot of his silly arguments.  Proud of you LaVonne!  :thumbsup:

Doubleone said:
LaVonne was also interviewed on the radio earlier this evening...  She spoke very well, represented the van community in a noble fashion, all while getting a positive productive message out.  She went up against a very tough interviewer and shut down a lot of his silly arguments.  Proud of you LaVonne!  :thumbsup:

Thank you! I am a member but I find forums difficult to navigate so I kind of drifted away. Someone sent me the link so I thought I’d better check in. Glad you heard the show! Are you in San Diego?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts