A informal summer gathering in Flagstaff

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Always find these announcements way too late. I am in New Mexico now headed to Arizona have been full-time van dwelling for two whole days. I really look forward to meeting others.

jimindenver said:
There are still plenty of folk in Flagstaff.

I came up today and drive down 518.  I didn't see any group that looked like it might be you all.  I did have to dodge the big road grader a couple of times.  I'll be up in my motorhome the end if the month and hope to meet folks then.

Serenity said:
I Always find these announcements way too late. I am in New Mexico now headed to Arizona have been full-time van dwelling for two whole days.  I really look forward to meeting others.

Hello I just read your newcomers post again.  I hope you and your family are well. Were you guys able to get a bigger van or trailer?  I once had a Viking pop up that would sleep 7.  It had everything except a bathroom.

Jewellann

We are still in the minivan we decided to jump in with both feet and just do it. If we continue to plan it might never have happened. We arrived in Flagstaff today but don't know where to meet anyone at and would love to meet some other people.

Found several campsites at Marshall lake. Many empty right near me. Anyone in the area? Phone signal is in and out for straightalk.

For 3g internet I find it can time out during busier time periods - I switched my smartphone from Straight Talk to Tracfone for a low budget option. It took awhile, but they did it.

DLTooley said:
For 3g internet I find it can time out during busier time periods - I switched my smartphone from Straight Talk to Tracfone for a low budget option.  It took awhile, but they did it.

WHOOPEE!  I didn't know you could do that!  I haven't had minutes on my Straight Talk smart phone in forever.

I just couldn't see $45 for 30 day service when I'd only use out and about town.  I'm not travelling now and my land line +WiFi is around $60 already.  I'll ask you later how you did that.

Jewellann

I pay around $25 every two months, and that includes 1 gb of data. Extra data is $10 a gb, and that rolls over, though it didn't on the first cycle for some reason.

I went through the customer service chat function to get them to switch over. It was a hassle, but eventually they did it.

DLTooley said:
I pay around $25 every two months, and that includes 1 gb of data.  Extra data is $10 a gb, and that rolls over, though it didn't on the first cycle for some reason.

I went through the customer service chat function to get them to switch over.  It was a hassle, but eventually they did it.

Thanks for the info.  I haven't been able to take any pic's of the Safari and Aliner since I've had them.  I don't know how to post pic's, just text to another phone.  I couldn't see spending $45 in the hopes I could figure it out.  Was that Straight Talk customer service you spoke to?

Jewellann

I am newly transplanted to the West Coast and am currently bouncing between truck stops and dispersed sites in the Flagstaff/Williams area.  Coming from the East coast, I'm not so great at finding forest sites yet...  but I'm getting better! Lesson 1: Those big squishy mud patches... yeah don't drive there!  Met up with Bob and Carolyn in North Carolina on the way out, but since then the only "people" I have to converse with are my two beagles, and they just stare at me and howl.  I need to find my tribe!  Any specific places where I might find like-minded souls?  Can PM me if you like.

Silurian said:
"I am newly transplanted to the West Coast and am currently bouncing between truck stops and dispersed sites in the Flagstaff/Williams area.  Coming from the East coast, I'm not so great at finding forest sites yet... "

I got a map from the local forestry that shows all the dispersed camping areas throughout this Forest. I also sent you a pm trying to explain where I'm at if you want to come out south of Flagstaff.

I'm out here still, trying to stay, started looking for work a couple days ago. Doing exactly what you're doing, camping mostly and occasional walmart boondocking:) also in the where's my tribe mindset :) im in a big green gmc van and i stay at walnut Canyon a lot cause it's kinda rocky over there and less muddy than a1. I got mired at a1 a few days ago and managed to unstuck myself with bark and pine needles... Kind of an adventure but made me nervous still.. Right now I'm semi broken down in town :/

I'm headed up there tomorrow. I was going to take the motor home out to the area of A1, but decided I'd start at a friend's place near Williams as he has a gravel drive where I can park without (hopefully) getting stuck. I was going to check the state of the National Forest area from there, but sounds like I'll just be staying at his place. I'll be back up in that area for the month of September probably. I've given notice here at the park that I'm leaving at the end of August.

Awe i could have used a socket! But i managed.

Idk, where are you? ;p to get to a1 you take exit 190 i think off i40 and drive past a field on the left with houses in it and there's a big hole dug in the ground there right now. It's on the north side.

I'm out at Lake Marshall this weekend, will be in town Tuesday, could always meet you somewhere and have coffee if you want.

Latest posts