A Headliner question.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

Reaction score
My headliner, is starting to sag and come apart at one of the seams. Probably one of these days I'll replace the whole thing but right now it's just that one spot.
I was thinking that I'd run some wide tape over the whole seam and then maybe a thin strip of wood and screw that back up to the ceiling.
I was thinking that I'd go with some nice light tan tape to match the headliner.

Does anyone have an idea a good tape to use? Do I really need to be looking for something special? I'm worried after reading all the post about humidity and heat.

Thanks,

highdesertranger said:
I would reglue it. use some 3m spray adhesive. highdesertranger

+1

If need be, borrow one of those teensy tubes from the WD 40 can so that you can get the spray adhesive up into the seam.

I made a lath long enough to spring into the side trim, holding the headliner by bowing across the ceiling.

Thumbtacks can work for a small area, for a short time. But after time, the cheap foam layer under the fabric ages and crumbles. My minivan's headliner is sagging all over. I intend to rip it all out and paint the cleaned shell with vinyl spray paint - did that to a couple cars some years back and it worked well.

Almost There said:
If need be, borrow one of those teensy tubes from the WD 40 can so that you can get the spray adhesive up into the seam.

Good idea, thanks.

Latest posts