a good idea.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigi1001

Reaction score
Hi Bob,
Silly question for you to ponder unless you have already been working on this...
Can you produce a bumper sticker that let's all rv, car, and van dwellers recognize a fellow nomad with a sign saying, "friend of Bob Wells"? Charge $5 for it to offset costs with a small profit locked in...
What do you think?
Love, gigi morton

I second that request. IRV2 has a sticker. The Ford site I go to has a sticker. Would love to have a Cheaprvliving sticker on my rv.

actually we had one for awhile,

035.JPG

the member who did these is no longer here.  can anybody do these?  highdesertranger

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 71
There are companies out there that will print custom bumper stickers.  Vista Print is one of several, and they will print a single custom 11" x 3" bumpersticker for only $2.99.

http://www.vistaprint.com/gallery/IGQBAAABAAAAAAA=/stickers.aspx?attribute=107&rd=1

It wasn't hard to go into Photoshop and do a simple design like this:

sticker.jpg

Which anyone who wants to can download and use for an upload to that site.

They also do those round Euro Ovals, which I've never really cared for personally.

There are also companies out there that do custom license plate frames.  One could put Cheap RV Living on the top of the frame, and their screen name on the bottom.

Cheap RV Living

Optimistic Paranoid

Attachments

• sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 8
BTW, I believe Mr. Noodly mentioned that he is a retired graphic designer.  I'm sure he could knock out a MUCH nicer design for uploading than the simple thing I put up here.

Someone would have to ask him real nicely . . .

On my VW camper I had custom stickers made for the rear window.
My Wifes ala mater...... Trenton State College ....... now poorly renamed as the college of new jersey
My Van's name...... Freihofer
And
My VW site profile name..... djkeev

No site ID, its a given to those active in the classic VW World.

Dave

Don't care for the ovals either. I do like it spelled out but would be better with the Red around RV and the .com like the banner shows. Sure I could get one made but much more likely to order one off the site or from a member.

How about...........Where's Bob and under that cheaprvliving.com with Bob's permission of course :idea:

I suppose this is a question for Bob directly ... do we have PERMISSION to use your logo's and site name for printed products? I'm assuming you have these things copywrited ... copywritten ... uh ... registered as yours. :)

If anyone is gonna do it for profit I would vote for Bob to get the money. Seems only fair. If just for personal use or even just cost I suppose it wouldn't matter much one way or the other.

I'd buy one for a few bucks but probably wouldn't go to the trouble of creating one.

Personally, I like the CRVL in an plain oval as it's a bit stealthy. We used to do sticker on another site and would either sell them at cost or raise a few bux for the site.

But I'd be "In!" with whatever.

Zizzer_Zazzer_Zuz said:
I suppose this is a question for Bob directly ... do we have PERMISSION to use your logo's and site name for printed products? I'm assuming you have these things copywrited ... copywritten ... uh ... registered as yours. :)

Even if it weren't legally registered, he would still have moral rights to it, as far as I'm concerned.

I will note that Bob didn't object to the last batch that were done.  But his name wasn't on them anywhere, and they were done as a no profit deal by the previous member.

The oval or just the initials is what I'd go for. Don't want LEO or private security seeing the full site name and then determining its a dweller'...

What a wonderful idea.

If this goes forward, I'd prefer the white oval style with just initials as it allows far more stealth.

So count me in.

Thanks,

AD

Thank you for this quick gratification, John.

Could one be made without the URL for super stealth?

Smiling big,

AD

iamwithstupid.gif

I'd really only care that others here could recognize it.

AD64 said:
Thank you for this quick gratification, John.

Could one be made without the URL for super stealth?

Smiling big,

AD

Sure.

Go to that page.  Towards the bottom you will see:

"WANT TO MAKE YOUR OWN?"
"CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN STICKER"

Click on that.  It will take you to the template.  Put CRVL in for the main line and leave the top and bottom lines blank.