a good idea.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putts said:
iamwithstupid.gif

I'd really only care that others here could recognize it.

Some people here are really into the idea of "stealth".  Some people here think stealth is unnecessary.  Some people here think stealth just doesn't work.

My father always told me it takes all kinds.

John,

Thanks for the details to DIY a sticker. Fun will be had!

Perhaps instead of "stealth", I could have said something about wanting a little privacy as a woman traveling alone. It's good to have the option to be able to 'disappear' in a crowd or parking lot or gas station when out on the road, for safety reasons.

That said, a secret handshake/sticker sounds great.

It occurs to me that a disclaimer is necessary here.

I picked that particular company at random, after a quick Google search.  I have no idea if the quality of their stickers is good, bad, or indifferent.

Caveat Emptor!

Just to chime in:

This sticker idea has been tossed around before. I once suggested it as a source for supplemental income for Bob, which he rejected (he doesn't want to take our money).

Other members worry about "stealth," and branding our vehicles as a collective.

I, speaking for myself, have very few concerns, and find stealth to be something of a misnomer, and and I still think this sticker identification would be a cool idea. If it's to be adopted, it ought to be standardized so that others could recognize it on the road.

The CRVL abbreviation is a good start, I think.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
It occurs to me that a disclaimer is necessary here.

I picked that particular company at random, after a quick Google search.  I have no idea if the quality of their stickers is good, bad, or indifferent.

Caveat Emptor!

This must be why someone invented Gorilla Glue.

Perhaps you could make a little flag of the oval and hang it up when you would like company or at gatherings. Take it down when you don't

Just be careful you don't go overboard with them . . .

Overlandexpo-131-1180x787.jpg

Attachments

• Overlandexpo-131-1180x787.jpg
    Overlandexpo-131-1180x787.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 19
I've thought about just buying stick on letters at WM and putting the relevant letters on my vehicle

Looking at the Make Stickers site they have a Google customer review rating of 4.9 out of 5.

I like the old stickers, not to obtrusive but those on this forum will recognize it. I think the best way would be to use a print on demand service like suggested above. That way no one person has to handle and ship them. 

DSCN1723.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1723.jpg
    DSCN1723.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 12
We did an oval one a year or two ago...

Ahh, I see I'm late to this thread. I have one on my trailer.

The new orderable one seems to have a different font...

Someone from another forum used DoItYourselfLettering.com  and likes what he got.  https://doityourselflettering.com/
I'm going to try them too so I don't have to hand paint!

I've used Vista Print for many things ...business cards to vehicle magnetic signs... good work and excellent prices.  http://vistaprint.com
(hahaha I just checked the link and they're advertising the acapella shirt I designed!)

Putts said:
Personally, I like the CRVL in an plain oval as it's a bit stealthy. We used to do sticker on another site and would either sell them at cost or raise a few bux for the site.

But I'd be "In!" with whatever.

I got mine at this year's RTR.  I like it.  I plan to put some different ones on my trailer.   :D

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Just be careful you don't go overboard with them . . .

There was an early John Prine song about the Flag Decal that used to come in Reader's Digest back in the 60's.  

"I stuck them stickers all over my car
and one on my wife's forehead...
Well, I got my window shield so filled with flags I couldn't see
[font=Roboto, arial,]So, I ran the car upside a curb and right into a tree"[/font]

So, maybe don't go overboard with CRVL stickers.   :D

I love John Prine!! And to stay on topic, I think, GotSmart has an oval (or maybe round) CRVL sticker on his van! I was coveting it a couple of days ago.

AbuelaLoca said:
I love John Prine!! And to stay on topic, I think, GotSmart has an oval (or maybe round) CRVL sticker on his van! I was coveting it a couple of days ago.

Me gots one of thems too!   :D
me love it.

I have a CRVL oval too but I'm not putting it on the rig till I'm back on the road so it will be fresh..

What a bunch of wimps! Just get the largest felt-tip marker and write CRVL on your back door. Put an oval around it, if you want. When it fades, get it out of the glove box and re-do it.

TrainChaser said:
What a bunch of wimps!  Just get the largest felt-tip marker and write CRVL on your back door.  Put an oval around it, if you want.  When it fades, get it out of the glove box and re-do it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a wimp, so you must have just forgotten to put the smiley on there.  But you know, you've inspired me.  I think I'll get some Black oil paint and a 4" brush and just paint CRVL on the side of my trailer!  When it's faded , I'll get that sticky brush out of my glove box , pick off my registration and insurance , find that can of paint, and do that stuff all over again.

Thanks, great idea!

Pat