97 dollar generator?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Power calculator for converting Amps to Watts and Vise Versa<div>this helps to figure out how big a genset you need if you say have a 15 or 30 amp Battery Charger.</div><div>eg, my 800 watt genset puts out 7 amps, only 7 amps</div>

Thank you very much for that info, i guess i will rethink, again. I am trying to find some way to do this the lightest I can so I can take it in my teardrop. I will be just powering my laptop and a fan or small stuff like that, and only one at a time. I thought I did good getting that generator cause it is so small, but now I'm not sure how to do this. The gen. has a plug in, but I don't want to, and can't, run it the whole time I need a fan or something. Oh well, I'll figure something out.

A fan can be one of the little laptop fans, they can be run on 12v, get the usb ones.<div>run them from a small solar panel, just connect it and run it.</div><div>The small deep cycle or deep cycle bike batteries, can run the laptop for 4 hrs, you can recharge them using a 5.5watt or larger solar battery.</div><div>My 800 watt genset, I will be looking for a newer, more efficient battery charger to run it with. So it is still in the game.</div><div>you can run a muffler off the genset to make it quieter.</div><div>Another option is to get a 800+ watt inverter, run it off your vehicle, although the vehicle is running, they are fairly quiet, efficient and do not use a lot of fuel.</div><div>just some options</div>

<P>My vehicle that I will be using is my Honda Trike, so I can't run anything while moving. I pull my teardrop with my trike, so I HAVE to keep things as light as possible. O.k., I looked up solar 5.5 panels and AGM batteries. The panel is 13.5x16 in., I could mount that on top of my trailer. I looked at Honda motorcycle AGM batteries, could I use one of those instead of a golf cart or other battery? They only weigh 16 lbs., which is only 4 pounds more than the power pack and ALOT smaller, which would be good. Do you think I could do this instead, or do I still need to get one of those other golf cart type batteries? If so, I could not use this system on my trike and teardrop, as it would be WAY too heavy. And thank you so much for your help.</P>

Batteries, come in three (3) basic types.<div>A starting batteries, good for starting not good for running things with,&nbsp;</div><div>B Deep Cycle batteries, good for using with 12 volt appliances, can be used over and over much more than the Starting batteries</div><div>C hybrid starting and deep cycle, mainly used as the secondary battery in dual vehicle battery setups. This is normally the secondary battery, the primary is the one the vehicle starts off of, and draws any needed extra power from the more deep cycle batter, it ok</div><div><br></div><div>The electric bike battery, is deep cycle, is small and lightweight compared to the bigger deep cycle. They work good for me, I also do the no no and drain them right down, so far they have bounced back time an again. Go to a place that sells electric bikes and scooters, they will probably give you one for a cheap price of 1/3 or 1/4 of the price of the new battery.<br></div><div><br></div><div>This can be used for running things in the camper, but not good for starting the vehicles anymore.</div>

<a href="https://vanlivingforum.com/profile/1853659" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; text-align: -webkit-left; white-space: nowrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); " target="_blank">Donedirtcheap</a>&nbsp;posted a link to the Genset that I bought, only that one is in the US and for $7 shipping wow, awesome shipping rates.

Thank you so much wilderness, I really appreciate your help.

you said it &nbsp; donedirtcheap, good 2 cycles oil that contains &nbsp;stabiliser, like the Sthil,and &nbsp;wich i us and never got any problems..and good preventive habits...freemind46

What can you run and do with an 800 watt 2 stroke generator? What kind and how many appliances?&nbsp;

There are also several kinds of batteries<BR><BR>1)&nbsp; Lead Acid and the variations as above.<BR>2) NIMH - Nickel metal Hydride rechargable that do pretty well with discharging and charging.<BR>3)&nbsp; LI - Lithium Ion (several variations) that are the current ultimate battery of the moment.&nbsp; Very light weight, expensive, and need to be careful with disposal.

as for mixing 2 cycle oil with gas I have used 2cycle motors all my life and I have always used 9/10 gallon gas to one bottle of oil and have never had a motor go bad or burn up because of no oil. yes it smokes a little more but no burnt out motors

Latest posts