6x12 Vee Nose Build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good Vern. Is that garage floor paint on your floor? Still planning on pulling my carpet and looking at options.

masterplumber said:
Looking good Vern. Is that garage floor paint on your floor? Still planning on pulling my carpet and looking at options.

Thanks... it's Armstrong commercial sheet flooring. Got a hell of a deal on a remnant and so far it seems really tough,tools dropped on it, stepped on screws laying on the floor, etc and no damage. Was really easy to install.

Vern

tonyandkaren said:
How's the table coming along? :)

Went with a simplified version for now... I'm ready to be done and get on the road!

Here's the rest of the build... It will probably never be "finished" but I'm getting tired of working on it!
One likely  addition in the future will be some sort of storage on the wall over the bed but if I can get
by without it so much the better. There's room under the bed for 5 60qt bins behind the 30Gal water tank. I keep telling
myself.... less stuff= :D

finish ceiling.jpg
not sure what this ceiling stuff is called but it's got some sort of wipeable skin over 2 ply luan. Kinda flimsy... I question the
long term durability but it's what I could get out here in the sticks for cheap.

kitchen.jpg
Sink drains into a jug for now. No drawers or anything under the counter, but room for a couple more bins.

solar.jpg
There's no 110V at all, just a cig plug and a USB. I'm hoping that the solar will keep up with what little electric stuff I have. I did reserve a spot
to add a second pair of Trojan 105s if needed. I'll do a post on the solar/wiring stuff if there's any interest.

done.jpg
Done!

thanks everyone for looking and all the comments

Vern

Attachments

• finish ceiling.jpg
    finish ceiling.jpg
    97.9 KB
  • kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    88.6 KB
  • done.jpg
    done.jpg
    85.3 KB
  • solar.jpg
    solar.jpg
    74.8 KB
Ok..... Official "FABULOUS" rating, Vern.

I love the light wood, the design, functionality, simplicity, windows, floor, bed, ceiling. Ummmm, what's not to love?

Oh, and sticking the extra fuse panel labels right there. Because I didn't keep track of mine and ended up using cheesy tape.

Sassy

I like the end result. :)  Let us know how the 12v system works for you.

You've done a lot since the Oregon GTG. It's beautiful! I like the table design - room for another person yet not over large, works with your bed as a seat, and no sharp corners to bang into.

Vern, it is beautiful and I was thrilled to see my artwork on your counter!!! I had to enlarge the picture 200% but I found it!!!
Let's go camping!

Nelda

sassypickins said:
Oh, and sticking the extra fuse panel labels right there.  Because I didn't keep track of mine and ended up using cheesy tape.

Thanks, Sassy... The stickers are there now.... I'm sure that at some point it'll be whatever's handy :)

tx2sturgis said:
Dang!

You might have to see about hiring yourself out!

You do good work!

:)

Thanks :)   It will be allot easier next time. I was totally winging this one. My son and I have actually chatted a bit about doing some builds.

galladanb said:
Wow! Seriously impressive!!! Luving all of this!

Thx for sharing and inspiring! U roc!

My pleasure... It's been a product of the ideas that I've read on the forum here so thanks to all who put their work out there.

Vern

highdesertranger said:
Vern that looks great.  know what I mean.  highdesertranger
Thanks Ernest... I mean HDR.

Gotta love Jim Varney

Ballenxj said:
I like the end result. :)  Let us know how the 12v system works for you.

So far so good... dropped the fridge to 20 yesterday afternoon. batteries were on float by 2PM today with a fairly heavy overcast.  I'm hoping I can make my own ice for a cooler and be able to stay out a good while. There's a good bit of solar and maybe not enough battery... 530w on the roof and 2 105s. The solar is the great unknown for me :rolleyes:

Vern

tonyandkaren said:
You've done a lot since the Oregon GTG. It's beautiful! I like the table design - room for another person yet not over large, works with your bed as a seat, and no sharp corners to bang into.

Thanks guys, I've still got a plan in the back of my mind to copy your table. Very good space utilization. Rounded edges are for self preservation :D

Vern

Nelda said:
Vern,  it is beautiful and I was thrilled to see my artwork on your counter!!!  I had to enlarge  the picture 200%  but I found it!!!

Told ya I was gonna keep it :p

Vern

Latest posts