6 Seconds

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunny

Reaction score
This is the last frame screen grab from a guard post camera. If you look close you can see the explosion starting on the right side of the truck. The two Marines had just started their watch. 6 seconds from the first time the truck shows up until it blows an entire city  block to hell. Both Marines died...never backed up an inch. 

Rob

tumblr_mhtns0JjQ31s3votno1_500-1024x613 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_mhtns0JjQ31s3votno1_500-1024x613 - Copy.jpg
    tumblr_mhtns0JjQ31s3votno1_500-1024x613 - Copy.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 33
This is not the right forum for this, I have asked the mods to delete it. Sorry.

Rob

Gunny    Maybe it is or maybe not the right forum.  I know there are many folks on here who have served in our military, also many first responders and family members of both groups.  I don't think it hurts to remind us how how quickly our lives can end........in a heartbeat.........yet there are many who place their lives in jepordy daily to protect others.

In other words I'm OK with this post.

Jewellann

i am just fine with this post
Are those of us who aren't Marines allowed to say Semper fi, while saluting those who live it?
If not, I will simply salute and say a humble thank you

I'm okay with the post too; ... but did wonder why it was posted here (other than as a reminder)

Thirsty Boots Nomad said:
I'm okay with the post too; ... but did wonder why it was posted here (other than as a reminder)
Sometimes, not always, after I take my sleeping potions or a pain pill I get into a sort of melancholy mood. I watched General Kellys' speech about those two Marines. It's a long, 17 minutes speech given one day after his own son was killed in combat. He breaks it down to what happened each of the six seconds. To me it was a very moving speech and in my possibly drug addled mind I decided to share.  Be it right or wrong, I take pride in my Marine Corps. I shared but in the wrong forum. I also only belong to two other forums, both military stuff and they are the ones who got this screen grab. 

I asked it be deleted and it probably will be but that is my reason. 

Rob

2 minutes and 47 seconds from a short news clip.

Gunny said:
Sometimes, not always, after I take my sleeping potions or a pain pill I get into a sort of melancholy mood. I watched General Kellys' speech about those two Marines. It's a long, 17 minutes speech given one day after his own son was killed in combat. He breaks it down to what happened each of the six seconds. To me it was a very moving speech and in my possibly drug addled mind I decided to share.  Be it right or wrong, I take pride in my Marine Corps. I shared but in the wrong forum. I also only belong to two other forums, both military stuff and they are the ones who got this screen grab. 

I asked it be deleted and it probably will be but that is my reason. 

Rob

Fi[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]gured it was somethin[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]g like that; ... like I said, I have/had no problem with it and/or if it stays or is deleted[/font][/font]

Gunny dont be ashamed, The post should stay as a reminder of the price of freedom. I know some young MEN that could be in the very same situation and any moment. Thank You, and them for their service to OUR country.