2018 RTR?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PattySprinter

Reaction score
I have never been to an RTR - are there dates set for the January (?) RTR?

it will be in January. LOL I was just being a smart ass. Bob usually sets the dates in the fall. see you there. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
it will be in January.  LOL  I was just being a smart ass.  Bob usually sets the dates in the fall.  see you there.  highdesertranger

OK smartypants - I will watch for dates to be posted. I don't mind helping too if there is any help that is needed - see you there! :)

hey Patty starting around September there will be a lot of people asking just stay tuned. keep your ears open for any help needed, there is always something to do. highdesertranger

It will be 11-21 January 2018 in Quartzsite, Arizona.

Bob announced it in this video he posted on 26 April (at 3:30):

Damian

dang, you are right Damian and I even watched that when it came out. highdesertranger

I'd love to come to the RTR but am not an RV dweller yet and was wondering if there are any motels etc..near the RTR that someone could stay at ?
Thanks so much!

yep you don't need an RV. there is every type of vehicle and sleeping arrangements at RTR. highdesertranger

There are members dwelling out of Prius's   

HDR is right.  People on bicyckles were there.

GotSmart said:
There are members dwelling out of Prius's   

HDR is right.  People on bicyckles were there.

Really? wow they're brave..lol  I couldn't stay in my car without going nutty ..lol It's a tiny Chevy Cruze :)

This year I will be there.

I plan to arrive a couple weeks early so that I can explore the whole area first.

I am looking forward to meeting you all after all this time!

If you have a bike leave the motel at dawn and return at dusk about 6+ miles each way. Tent is a better option. Just be aware of the windy conditions using a tent.

RainDancer28 said:
Really? wow they're brave..lol  I couldn't stay in my car without going nutty ..lol It's a tiny Chevy Cruze :)

If it is a hatchback, that would work great.   A car is for resting and sleeping.  There are so many things to do...

If you plan on a motel, Book early.

I'd offer my spare bedroom but it consist of a uncomfortable jack knife sofa that Max usually calls dibs on.

RainDancer28 said:

Have you seen the tents that attach to your car? They look cozy :)