2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ascii_man said:
Luis, how much noise does it make? I could never get a definitive answer from any manufacturer. The coolant heaters are quite loud. I know there is a muffler option, but I'm curious how much noise and therefore how unstealthy it would be. That's a huge reason I chose a vented catalytic propane heater.

On start up it can be a bit noisy until it reaches whatever temperature I set it for, after that it's not so bad.
They do make mufflers for it and I intend on getting it soon.
As far as stealth, I thought it could be a problem also but, when it's needed the most it's usually cold outside right? People tend not to stick around too much, besides, all the ambient noise blends in with the muffler's noise.
So far I never had a problem using it while being stealth. [emoji1303][emoji1][emoji604]

Very nice !
Now , if enough people buy one and the price comes down..........................

Luisafernandes said:
Now that I got the van I'm almost ready to begin...well almost. But I need help.
I'm pretty handy with tools but know next to nothing regarding electric, batteries, and screwing into sheet metal, much less the sheet metal on a brand new van. The last thing I need is to screw right through the thin metal wall. I'm having nightmares just thinking about it.
Eventually I would like to have solar panels charging at least two house batteries. For now I'll keep it simple.  

So first step; insulation and Fantastic fan.
Question: should I install the fan first? Even if I have no way to plug it in (except for the 12v van plug in)?

Insulation: I saw someone, maybe on YouTube, maybe on this forum, where a guy used "FatMat Sound Deadener" first, then on top of that used foam insulation. Then I saw someone else use Reflectix first, then glued yoga mats to it as a sound deadener, and then he finished it off with another layer of Reflectix. So I wonder if anyone knows if in fact those yoga mats really work good as a sound deadener, or would FatMat be a better option? If FatMat is the better option, should I apply it first or should I apply Reflictix first, then FatMat to it, then a few more layers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also anyone near the tri-state border of NY, NJ and PA willing to opine in person would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all!

Go to YouTube, Egnimatic Nomadics' channel, and watch Beth's Van Conversion from Feb 22, 2016.

gcal said:

Go to YouTube, Egnimatic Nomadics' channel, and watch Beth's Van Conversion from Feb 22, 2016.

I appreciate your willingness to help me but I think I've done ok. If you fast forward you'll see what I mean. You also can check out my YouTube channel for a different perspective;

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1][emoji604]

Luisafernandes said:
I appreciate your willingness to help me but I think I've done ok. If you fast forward you'll see what I mean. You also can check out my YouTube channel for a different perspective;

[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1][emoji604]

Subbed.

AimlessWanderLust said:
While 2500 AWD's do exist, they are extremely rare, like unicorn rare.  But we actually have a 1500 AWD.  The 1500 and 2500 are nearly identical in body, and perhaps a few more changes concerning the leaf springs and maybe the frame, otherwise, we have the same platform.

www.AimlessWanderLust.com

Your website link is a link to something that is not your website, its spyware removal something or other and
its effing annoying as hell.

Bluegrass Voyager said:
Your website link is a link to something that is not your website, its spyware removal something or other and
its effing annoying as hell.

Sorry. We let the domain expire a little bit ago. I updated the signature, but apparently all our old posts didn't get changed automatically.

There should be an updated link in the signature for this post (hopefully).

My 2 year anniversary living in a van videos. I'm sorry I don't have photos for those of you on a data budget.

Luis F.

Congratulations Luis!!!! time goes really fast. the second video, which I assume is the second year , you look much more relaxed and happier.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Free Range Chicken said:
Congratulations Luis!!!! time goes really fast. the second video, which I assume is the second year , you look much more relaxed and happier.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Thank you very much!

I don't know if I was happier or more relaxed, but I definitely was more comfortable in front of the camera and maybe that's what comes across. [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1][emoji604]

Luis F.

Hey Luis, been enjoying your Q/A videos and really enjoyed watching your trip west, looking forward to the next installment.

chadci said:
Hey Luis, been enjoying your Q/A videos and really enjoyed watching your trip west, looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you very much! [emoji1303][emoji1][emoji604]

Luis F.

P.S I too suffer from Popeyes addiction. The one here in SWFL usually does get the order right, though.

chadci said:
P.S I too suffer from Popeyes addiction. The one here in SWFL usually does get the order right, though.

I don't know if I would call mine an addiction, but I do like to have it once per week.
Wait till I go to your Popeyes, they'll never get the orders straight again. [emoji23][emoji1]

Luis F.

I was going to invite you to some but now, you can forget it. Van can come though. Poor guy.

Just checking in to say thank you to all who helped me when I was planning my van Life and to those who’ve visited this thread. Thank you!
231b9e21090427fd3cfbed45be9bcea3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dang Luis where have you been, missed you. you are not getting off that easy, we need more info what have you been doing for the last year? where have you traveled to? I know you where in Northern California, Southern Oregon but that was the last I heard. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
dang Luis where have you been, missed you. you are not getting off that easy, we need more info what have you been doing for the last year? where have you traveled to? I know you where in Northern California, Southern Oregon but that was the last I heard. highdesertranger

Hi buddy!
I’ve been very busy with work and my Youtube channel;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBMYjw2IrXOTZq3q0LUZfqQ

I’m planning on traveling to Florida this winter and possibly going to the RTR.
The year I went to California and Oregon had me crisscross the country for a total of 8600 miles. [emoji1303][emoji604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk