2014 Chevy Express 2500 Van Build: Luisafernandes

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for a few months now, probably since I started the van build I've carried with me this paper towel holder I bought at Walmart.
Had no place to put it and almost returned the darn thing half a dozen times. Good thing I always forgot to.
Sitting here in my modest abode looking at what I've done so far, thinking what else do I need or could use to make the space better, I remembered the paper towel holder while staring at the perfect place for it.
Right here!
82e69fc04196eae6ecfff3efd7f2ae5b.jpg

There, perfect...I hope;
c050026743e7a57fc471d0c71ec2d145.jpg

Here's a pic of the sleeping bag I bought the other day, still all rolled up;
c21da566f959049a3fc68718c7d79055.jpg

Also been thinking of placing a table under, and attached to the cabinet that would slide out when needed. Right here, where that blue tote cover is;
992701448eacd901eb4f772f20ce91e9.jpg

My plastic paper towel holder has broken, like they usually do. I've wanted a metal one but haven't seen them -- even at Walmart. It seems like the big deal now is holders that sit on the counter. I'll need to keep looking.

LeeRevell said:
If Wally's has no metal roll holder, try a store like "Bed, Bath & Beyond". Or see what Amazon has available.

I looked extra closely at Walmart and found one sort of hidden, squeezed between other clutter on the rack. So, yay, I'm in business.

Ok brother, let's not go that far... : )

The nice thing about my homemobile; not having to commute to work. I'm already here, enjoying lunch by the shore.
d63b8639e402710464c12e6df2cdb405.jpg

8c11137add392bdd2659864c95af641c.jpg

One of the nicest things I did on the van, also one that scared me the most; my Fantastic vent! I'm laying in my comfy bed while parked by the beach with a nice ocean breeze coming through.
02c31dc4b0a8410df108fc46d3c8838f.jpg

It's very cool being able to lay down and see the sky.

I'm heading to a place that looks like that next week. I cannot wait as the weather is going to be beautiful.

Your van conversion is awesome and I know that you are enjoying it! Have fun!

Bela said:
I'm heading to a place that looks like that next week. I cannot wait as the weather is going to be beautiful.

Your van conversion is awesome and I know that you are enjoying it! Have fun!

Thanks Bela's Mom!

Luisafernandes said:
One of the nicest things I did on the van, also one that scared me the most; my Fantastic vent! I'm laying in my comfy bed while parked by the beach with a nice ocean breeze coming through.
It's very cool being able to lay down and see the sky.

I do wish there was less play in the arm that raises and lowers the lid. It lets the lid rattle in the wind, harshing my mellow.

MrNoodly said:
I do wish there was less play in the arm that raises and lowers the lid. It lets the lid rattle in the wind, harshing my mellow.

Yes it does. I found that out today. Just hope it's sturdy enough and doesn't brake. Maybe that's why RVs have the rain cover on them.

LeeRevell said:
Can you put in any kind of soft flexible spacer, washer, or other method of taking up the slack?

Maybe. But you'd have to account for how much room you'll have up there when it closes. The best would be for it to have two arms raising it up.

Latest posts