2000 Ram 3500

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWhitey

Reaction score
I am a newbie wanting to get started. I found a 2000 Ram 3500 with 55000 miles, used as church van that has my interest. I would appreciate input about this type of vehicle, pros and cons. Don't really know enough to even ask questions.  Thanks in advance.

huh.gif

Dodge uses a unitized body construction. If this has been used where salt is on the roads in the winder, inspect underneath carefully. Once the under body starts to rot, it is difficult to deal with.

DannyB1954 said:
Dodge uses a unitized body construction. If this has been used where salt is on the roads in the winder, inspect underneath carefully. Once the under body starts to rot, it is difficult to deal with.

Thanks,
The paint on this is very bad, showing rust all over.  I bet it has had a bad experience.  Maybe salt or even flooded. Definitely going to ask more questions and take a harder look.

AWhitey! Welcome to the CRVL forums! Bob just published a great blog post about buying a used van. Many of the comments also contain useful information
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/blog/choose-used-van-part-1/

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

cyndi said:
AWhitey! Welcome to the CRVL forums!  Bob just published a great blog post about buying a used van. Many of the comments also contain useful information
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/blog/choose-used-van-part-1/

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks! I need all the help I can get.  Really excited about possibility of living in my own van.

In vehicle sales there is something called fluffery. It is not an enforceable contract. The seller can say this baby will go another million miles. It might not even make it down the block. The courts say a reasonable person would have known the million mile statement was just sales fluffery. I wouldn't count on an opinion of a seller.

I think that I would pass on that van. A full frame van that is rusting is a better deal than a unitised body rusting.