1st post. Da New Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayakinferfun

Reaction score
Hi Ya'll! I've enjoyed reading everyone's info. Here's my first post and a pic of the new van. She's a 2016 Ford Transit Van. High Roof, Long Wheel Base, Diesel 350.  I have lots to learn! I've had a lot of very expensive lessons thus far. I'm leaving in a week or two with my two kids and heading towards Arkansas, then maybe Ozarks..... Not sure where all yet. I'll start posting more pics of the build as I go. For now she's all empty inside and we're just going as is.  
13226823_10204534636965559_7821377707079455162_n.jpg

Attachments

• 13226823_10204534636965559_7821377707079455162_n.jpg
    13226823_10204534636965559_7821377707079455162_n.jpg
    64.9 KB
That will be a great platform...looking forward to seeing it progress!

If you haven't found the TransitUSA forums, definately check them out...there's some quirks with the vehicle, such as water in the air filter...stuff you'll want to address before its an issue ;)

Kayakinferfun said:
Hi Ya'll! I've enjoyed reading everyone's info. Here's my first post and a pic of the new van. She's a 2016 Ford Transit Van. High Roof, Long Wheel Base, Diesel 350.  I have lots to learn! I've had a lot of very expensive lessons thus far. I'm leaving in a week or two with my two kids and heading towards Arkansas, then maybe Ozarks..... Not sure where all yet. I'll start posting more pics of the build as I go. For now she's all empty inside and we're just going as is.  

Cool! A Diesel. I will love hearing about that and please pass on your expensive lessons (!) so I and others can avoid them - if we haven't already had them ourselves. 

My main worry about the Transit involved clearance - otherwise a great vehicle - the best driving van I drove actually. 

Good luck on your trip in that nice van. Where are you starting off from?

Welcome to the CRVL forums Kayakinferfun! Enjoy your trip! Looking forward to pictures of your build!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard the good ship CRVL Kayakin'!
Hope you enjoy the van life !

cortttt said:
Cool! A Diesel. I will love hearing about that and please pass on your expensive lessons (!) so I and others can avoid them - if we haven't already had them ourselves. 

My main worry about the Transit involved clearance - otherwise a great vehicle - the best driving van I drove actually. 

Good luck on your trip in that nice van. Where are you starting off from?

Im worried about the cost if the diesel also.... I bit the bullet and bought a 8 year 125,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty though. That should get me thru the kids finishing highschool. Then I'll sell it and get my 'retirement van' ha.

I have also a 2016 T250 LWB but gas, MR and not extended length. Just have my first long distance trip behind me; great mileage around 20 mpg and a good ride. Enjoy yourselves!

Van Williams

Welcome Kayakin!

A brave man... a new van and kids and unknown destinations.  :D

Someone had asked where you are traveling from, and I have to wonder if you are familiar with that part of the country this time of year?  For instance, Eureka Springs, AR, is a very popular place in the Ozarks. But right now at 10 p.m., the temp is still 79 and the humidity is 78%. Not the best conditions for a decent night's sleep (at least not in my experience).

Will you have some fans available with power for them (battery powered or a house battery with inverter)?  Just sayin'....