1994 Class A chassis electrical issue

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all of you so much for guiding me to these conclusions :) I learned a lot about how this stuff works. I'll post the progress as it happens

I have a solar panel and all the controllers, etc. I think I will wire that camera direct to the AGM deep cycle battery I have for that system with a switch to turn it on and off for when I wanna use it. Would you be willing to give advice for that?  I mean simple stuff like where do I put a fuse for that, and should  that battery, charge controller, and inverter (if I add one) also ground to the vehicle frame? Thanks  :)

We do it here all the time. There are several examples in previous posts, just do a search and if you have questions ask. Usually the first step is to determine your power needs to determine your battery bank size and how much solar you will need to keep it charged.

Success !  I cleaned all the wires and sockets.. reconnected everything with butt splices and heat shrink... took off the couple of grounds that were nearby on the frame..made the metal shiny there and then reconnected them.. also added a new ground wire direct the the white wire bundle.  Everything works flawlessly now other than the 5 clearance lights across the top of the rear end... but I have that disconnected until I can climb up there and either fix whatever is shorted , or just replace all 5 lights and run new wires up to them. Thanks again everyone for the help  :)

Great news...we knew you'd get 'em working again, but it's great to know you have done it.

Latest posts