1991 Ford E150 Econoline

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckjohnson

Reaction score
I work from home in sunny southern California. I want to turn this old econoline van into a mobile office. I have some ideas on the overall design, but I am new to the van conversion experience and could use all the help I can get. The van provides a 360 degree view with all its windows, which I love, but it also lets in lots of heat, which will be unbearable some days.

I'm wondering what I can do, based on the setup, to minimize the amount of heat in the van. I'm thinking of equipping the van with a Goal Zero 1400 Lithium generator, to power my laptop and flat screen monitor (maybe a few other peripherals). I'm wondering if there is a convenient way to provide A/C in the van with this power setup, while I'm working (without leaving the engine running). 

I'm thinking of installing some type of walls (vinyl maybe), lined with reflectix (.5-.75 in. space from the van wall), with pop out "cabinets" that fold up and attach to the ceiling to expose the windows when desired. Does this make sense? Does it sound like it will work? Any better ideas? My feelings won't be hurt. I am a complete newbie to this whole experience. 

econolineinterior.jpg

Attachments

• econolineinterior.jpg
    econolineinterior.jpg
    29.3 KB
for the windows you can get the new high tech ceramic window films that block most of the suns rays,it comes almost clear to dark,the clear works better

https://www.huperoptikusa.com/automotive/
this is the best but it will cost you,there are others at lesser price