1989 Winnebago Lesharo

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice little RV's but woefully under-powered. If you are going to be staying in the flatlands it might be okay but if you plan on doing the Rockies or any tall hills, think twice. JMHO

Gunny said:
Nice little RV's but woefully under-powered. If you are going to be staying in the flatlands it might be okay but if you plan on doing the Rockies or any tall hills, think twice. JMHO
Thanks Gunny!  Yep, I'm gona go as many places as I can and I don't want limitations.  Thanks thanks thanks!!

I like the NASA decals. Does look space shuttle like. It needs a V8

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Milk Hauler said:
I like the NASA decals. Does look space shuttle like. It needs a V8

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
Yea, the NASA decals are really something!  I did like that about this one, but yes, it needs something to move it up up and up.  Thanks

Sweet looking little rig but yup, gotta go with the crowd here & you will need more power. I have lived in the western mountains for decades & even my tiny car was a 6 cylinder.

It's nice to hear you are still looking! I love this life...I am much more lone butterfly than a tribe type but we each find what suits us!

Just today I pulled in here, miles from anywhere, no other campers around nor will there be & I just realized my shoulders have relaxed for the first time in months!

Sent from my Z850 using Tapatalk

I am 5'9" and couldn't stand up in the one that I looked at. The Lesharo was based on a Renault. I believe that the Rialta was VW based and a bit taller with more power.

Where can I start. Renault Front Wheel Drivetrain. No parts here. Plastic gears. Run away.

1) Can't stand up inside.
2) Underpowered.
3) Maintenance complications.

All those points have been mentioned but there they are in list form for you. I would find something else to spend 7K on!

I always loved their look, but I too heard they were underpowered and that parts were hard to come by especially at a reasonable price.

Google "LeSharo engine swap."

Quite a project, but the one I saw was very nice and had some power compared to stock.

Well, given that I'm now "apartment bound" for the next year, I guess this one will slip away as it should!

Thanks for all the good info!

It's probably time to retire this ol' thread ...