1989 Dodge B350 12 passenger

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldmccain

Reaction score
I had just about decided to just keep driving my class C and this appeared on Facebook.
So I bought it.

001_zpsjxkdu7vs.jpg
002_zpssq56hnjd.jpg
003_zps7wggrwku.jpg
004_zpsawluvcvg.jpg
005_zpsz1cgmiqt.jpg
007_zpska8ppg6o.jpg
008_zpsgcz32cav.jpg
10_zpsbwcn4upd.jpg
13_zps9typxuwt.jpg
14_zpsev2baw0z.jpg

WOW! Larry! You're going to town!

will you haul thetrailer with your toys?

cyndi said:
WOW! Larry! You're going to town!

will you haul the trailer with your toys?

:)   Yes the trailer and toys will be with me. 

All this waiting for deed, address, Titles and DL is driving me a little stir crazy.

All van work done after I got off work and on weekends.

Wow, you're a man on a mission! It looks very good. Can hardly believe you did all that at a campground picnic table. LOL

WriterMs said:
Wow, you're a man on a mission! It looks very good. Can hardly believe you did all that at a campground picnic table. LOL
[emoji2] yes the having to put everything up every night was a pain. Didn't want to get kicked out.

Wandering Larry

Wow! you really got after it. It looks like it will be a very comfortable home for you.

Had I known ou needed to keep busy I would have arranged to have my van delivered for you too renovate. Yours is looking awesome! Will the big reveal be at the RTR this year?

lookin good,have any head knockers with the standard top ?

cyndi said:
Had I known ou needed to keep busy I would have arranged to have my van delivered for you too renovate. Yours is looking awesome! Will the big reveal be at the RTR this year?

:D   lol I didn't even have a plan, just started measuring, cutting and installing
Am thrilled it has come out as good as it did.
Do have some small issues, insulation moved the ceiling down to far in the back so cannot get the window surrounds reinstalled. . reflectix in the windows keeps falling out.... think the material covering is to heavy, gonna try craft paper cut to fit, silver on the inside will be fine for me.

Not sure what else I can reveal in Jan   :dodgy:

Gary68 said:
lookin good,have any head knockers with the standard top ?

Have hit the lights a couple of times and the top of the side and back doors.

Think to myself many nights before going to sleep, cannot jump up and cut the alarm off in the morning must crawl out of bed.

ArtW said:
nice, you really got to it quickly

:)   I had really hoped to be in ND by now visiting my granddaughter..
When my DL and title arrive guess I'll figure out what direction I'm going and git..

WheelEstate USA said:
How about using a fine saw blade to cut window trim top edge from the back side?
Looking at ours it seems it would work.

Started cutting one with the dremel, wasn't working very well.
Need to research cutting fiberglass before I try again..
If I find a high-top will be ripping all of this out anyway, so may just keep the surrounds in the trailer and reinstall later.

:D   to many options..

ldmccain said:
Started cutting one with the dremel, wasn't working very well.
Need to research cutting fiberglass before I try again..
If I find a high-top will be ripping all of this out anyway, so may just keep the surrounds in the trailer and reinstall later.

:D   to many options..

you sure it is fiberglass?

If it is glass fiber reinforced plastic,  use a hack saw blade without the handle, just the blade, perhaps in some vice grips on the end.  Creating heat is a no go on cutting the plastic, or fiberglass.

Perhaps only apply pressure on the push or pull stroke, depends on the actual blade and material of course.

Like many files, many hack saw blades only cut in one direction, Trying to cut in both directions dulls and clogs cutting teeth.  Kind of amazing how much better unidirectional saws / files cut when used properly.

Kind of ashamed to admit I how often in the past  I used a file like sandpaper.

Heck, I've found using sandpaper unidirectionally on wood sometimes works faster and much cleaner and makes paper last longer.  Try it sometime.